Check this technique...
    Tech Mentor

Default Check this technique...

Check This Out...

I've tied Deckadance and Ableton Together for Seamless integration of clips and decks all as one system.

let me know what you think or if you have any questions or suggestions about other possibilities.

Cool, but I don't get the point of what you're showing, as I'm a bit of a noob with ableton.
    Deckadance already can be runned as a vst inside Ableton right?
    Is it the case of the video? And if you didn't use it as a vst why using it as an additional software, what's the advantages from your perspective?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Mentor

Deckadance is running as a vst in ableton, the video was meant to show off the technique of using dummy clips in ableton to create a perfectly synchronized flow between Live and DD, if you use dummy clips from live and midi assignments in DD then you have 2/4 decks that can load mp3's directly with midi mappable file browsing being triggered in sync just like ableton clips.

the biggest drawback of ableton is having to pre-import and warp every track, the biggest strength of a turntable software system is the ability to improvise your setlist and simply select tracks as you play.

this setup lets you have both, pre-synce audio clips in live with however many tracks and layers as you like while still being able to freely select tracks for the decks and not need to pre import and warp every single song in your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
    Deckadance is running as a vst in ableton, the video was meant to show off the technique of using dummy clips in ableton to create a perfectly synchronized flow between Live and DD, if you use dummy clips from live and midi assignments in DD then you have 2/4 decks that can load mp3's directly with midi mappable file browsing being triggered in sync just like ableton clips.

the biggest drawback of ableton is having to pre-import and warp every track, the biggest strength of a turntable software system is the ability to improvise your setlist and simply select tracks as you play.

this setup lets you have both, pre-synce audio clips in live with however many tracks and layers as you like while still being able to freely select tracks for the decks and not need to pre import and warp every single song in your collection.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification, it makes more sense now.
    What do you think about deckadance right now? Is it the latest version you're using? I found it to be lacking with some basic functions I was accustomed to with traktor (and the mapping is so way below). What's your take on it?

You should do a tutorial on using both softwares and how you set them up.

Thanks for your answers.
    Last edited by Yul; 02-05-2016 at 04:44 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

mike_0 - I haven't seen the video (no access right now) but from your description, it sounds like you have mapped DD to be used as a midi-mappable file browser (Lives BIGGEST drawback is it's lack of .mp3 tag file browser!) in Live?

Is this the case? Because if it is - then I take my hat off to you, mate. Truly awesome work.

It's a similar technique to mid-sync'ing Traktor and Ableton as separate pieces of software. But I really like that you've done it ALL inside Ableton using the DD vst.

Now - just a thought - can DD (vst) access iTunes Smart Playlists? I can see this being BIG news for Ableton only DJ's. And there are a LOT of 'em!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj