What are some good monitors for small bedroom production?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What are some good monitors for small bedroom production?

I went to Guitar Center around the 4th of July last year and I was comparing some studio monitors. One of the guys recommended the Mackie mr5mk3's for small bedroom production. I thought they sounded amazing, so I've been thinking about buying them ever since I laid my eyes on them. I need y'alls advice on what to look for in monitors that can be used for bedroom production. I really want the Mackie's.
    Mixtrack Pro | Virtual DJ 7.0.5 | Beats by Dre Pro | FL Studio 11 | Akai LPK25 | HP 2000| Windows 8.1

My Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/garrettnelsonofficial

Go for the Mackies! There really great sounding monitors. The MR5s' should be enough in a smaller room, I use the same ones and there more then loud.
    Haha, I knew you from Texas after reading your post. I don't think anybody else says or types the word (Y'all)
    Last edited by markyyoung; 02-03-2016 at 03:05 AM.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

What y'all talkin' 'bout? I always say y'all!!!

It's the same with anything like monitors. You definitely get what y'all pay for.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Take a look at the Presonus Eris 5's too, same price range and I think a better sounding monitor myself.

Tech Wizard

I have the same KRK's for about 5 years with no complaints. Get the matching sub if you really want the bass.

JBL LSR305's are really good in that price range as well. But if it were me, I'd save a bit more and get Focal Alpha's.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I use KRK Rokit 5's and have always been more than satisfied!

Tech Convert

The mackies are great. Generally id say never take someones opinion at guitar center but this time they would be right. Those are some great studio speakers

Tech Convert

Has to be ether krk or adams. Also worth once you have the cash having 2 sets so you can switch between the two.

Depends on your budget. Mylist would be:
    M Audio BX5
    Mackie MR5
    Yamaha HS5
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast