Traktor S5 + Audio 6 DVS..?

Default Traktor S5 + Audio 6 DVS..?

Hi,
    Can anyone confirm that you can aggregate a Traktor S5 soundcard along with an Audio 6/8/10 ect for the purpose Of using the S5 along with DVS turntables?
    I know I could just buy the S8 but it's to big and bulky for my liking. Traktors audio routing seems to be pretty flexible so I don't see why I cant virtually join the 2 soundcards (like you do with 2x cdjs in HID) than route to input through the A6 and output through the S5.
    I don't currently have an S5 to test this but if someone can confirm i will jump on board!
    Thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can't use aggregated devices for timecode but you can just select the Audio 6 as your main interface and connect your speakers and headphones to it, basically using the S5 just as a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You can't use aggregated devices for timecode but you can just select the Audio 6 as your main interface and connect your speakers and headphones to it, basically using the S5 just as a controller.
    Ok thanks mate, that is a shame though! Is that because once aggregated Traktor does not recognize the A6 as a certified soundcard or is it just because that device can't be aggregated?
    Thanks for your input

Exclamation

There is another problem! How do you control the Cue Mix and the Cue Volume knobs in Traktor? The Cue Mix and Cue Volume knobs on the Kontrol S5 generate no MIDI signal. They control directly the internal controller soundcard.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You'd use the A6's own headphone volume knob for your monitor volume control, bit odd that NI decided to make the mix one MIDI since the S5 can't work as a standalone mixer. Looks like you'll have to map the mix knob to something else (like a few keys on your Keyboard if you don't have other controllers)