Audio Interface

Thread: Audio Interface

Default Audio Interface

Hello there,

I was wondering if you could help with choosing an audio interface. I will use for software only (traktor mainly/ableton sometimes), would have to have at least 4 inputs outputs for the 4 traktor channels, usb plug would be better (I own a pc with no firewire input), and my price range is from 150€ to 300€.
    The NI audio 8 dj was my first attempt but its just to expensive. On february i'll be buying the kontrol x1 and the mixer i'll try to find one untill that.

Hope you can help

Tech Guru

why do you think you need 4 inputs? if you mix internally all you need is a pair of stereo outputs for the master and monitor.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Well I must say I'm no expert on this matter. I could mix internally yes, but I am making plans to buy a mixer and mix externally. If I do so I would need the audio interface to have the 4 inputs in order to use all the 4 traktor channels right?

Tech Guru

uhm no .. you need outputs in that case
    actually you will need one stereo output per channel in your mixer.
    so with 4 channels on the mixer you would need to go with the audio 8 dj, since it has 4 stereo outputs, the audio 2 dj and audio 4 dj only have 2 stereo outputs.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Ok thanks for the words. Any more suggestions other than the NI Audio 8 Dj? Do you know M-Audio, Focus and Motu ones?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Marcoss View Post
    Ok thanks for the words. Any more suggestions other than the NI Audio 8 Dj? Do you know M-Audio, Focus and Motu ones?
    I had a motu a few years back. Very stable but the sound was horrible... so horrible I'll never again buy anything motu except the very high end. But in that case I would go Apogee...

Check Echo, they sound very good for the price. But I think they only have firewire.

Presonus is also respected in the audio community. But I think the only USB model has 2 outputs...

Maybe EMU has something in USB...