When your Controller doesn't have Filters... (Hercules Jogvision)

Default When your Controller doesn't have Filters... (Hercules Jogvision)

Following a great review by the team at DJTT I bought a Hercules DJControl Jogvision.

Me and my partner Sophie LOVE it because it really feels like using CDJs and everything on the unit is nice and tidy. Everything is responsive and feels good to use.

We rarely DJ in clubs and it is more of a hobby for parties etc. Having CDJs, mixer, and the sheer amount of cables everywhere was becoming quite pointless and cumbersome to set up (we basically move them from office to Kitchen when partying!).

The love comes with just one exception - the lack of Low / Med / High Pass filters.

We have a pre loved Allen & Heath Xone 92 and CJD350 x 2 which we are now selling but realised we used to fade out tracks using Low or High Pass filter quite a lot on the mixer and can't use it the same way anymore.

Now there is an Air control (waving your hands above the centre console) but I just feel a bit... gimmicky. Its very clever don't get me wrong, but it only operates under LPF as far as I can tell and furthermore holding it in one place looks like I'm a half Zombie. I'm also certain that it doesn't sound the same as the LPF on Allen & Heath.

I'm looking for a piece of equipment that could go between the RCA out at the back and the RCA cables which go to the Monitor speakers - or some other solution that I've not thought of. I'm looking for Pots / Knobs that can be turned and maybe an On/Off function. I wonder if there is a device out there that does that.

I'm new to Serato so maybe there is a solution using FX.

Do you have any ideas?

Help appreciated guys.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The filters in SeratoDJ are MIDI mappable so you could use something like the Twister to control both the filters and expand on the effect controls your unit offers you. This way all you have to do is connect it via USB and assign a map to it, no need for fancy routings.

Tech Wizard

That being said, since you've had a 92, you're never going to get filters that sound like that anywhere else...

i reccommend any gen3 faderfox or beyond if you can find them... but anything with push encoders is great in my exp.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by AZAnymiss View Post
    i reccommend any gen3 faderfox or beyond if you can find them... but anything with push encoders is great in my exp.
    And pricy AF.

You could also get a little Reloop neon or some other FX/Midi assignable controller and use that. (Behringer CDM-DV-1 anybody?) The Twister is the the best choice, but there's a few out there that you can assign in just about every software now.

Man, selling a 92? Cray cray. If I had one, I'd want to be buried with it, I think!

Faderfox is a good suggestion. Great company and products like tanks. If you want something more separate, it might be worth looking at the Pioneer DJ effects units.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Default DJControl Jogvision filters in Serato DJ / Serato DJ Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Nass View Post
    The love comes with just one exception - the lack of Low / Med / High Pass filters.
    Hello,
    Serato DJ / Serato DJ Intro have no Med pas filter but they have, among the effects:
    - LPF = Low pass Filter
    - HPF = High Pass Filter
    so if you assign these functions the effects (Fx1, 2 or 3), you can control them on DJControl Jogvision.

Default How?

Quote Originally Posted by DJRoberts View Post
    Hello,
    Serato DJ / Serato DJ Intro have no Med pas filter but they have, among the effects:
    - LPF = Low pass Filter
    - HPF = High Pass Filter
    so if you assign these functions the effects (Fx1, 2 or 3), you can control them on DJControl Jogvision.

Please explain how and where I go on serato to do this, would be extremely helpful.

Thanks