need some advice.
    Tech Wizard

Default need some advice.

hey guys n gals! i'm in need of some advice on how to control all the effects and cue points in traktor duo. my current setup is:
    traktor duo (of course)
    vestax VCM100 w/built in soundcard.

i've been reading up on a couple of midi controllers, the korg nano series and the akai lp series. i've read alot of problems with the build quality on the korg nano series. are their any other controllers i should consider that is within $100 dollars?

i'm also looking for some info on how to setup an extra contoller along side the VCM100. i've been searcing around and most of the info is pretty vague.

anyways, thanks in avanced! and HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!

Tech Guru

pick up an oxygen8 used .. or maybe the last model (the one Ean is using) has dropped in price enough by now given that the new models are coming to stores right about now.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Ismith, do you mean the m-audio midi keyboard? i know the prices are right on those things these days. thanks for the advice. anything else a little smaller with a couple of more knobs and pads?

Tech Guru

well for 100$ you could get an lpd8 and an lpk25. i like the lpd8 a lot (bought it the other day) .. though the keys on the lpk25 seems a little wishy washy to me. or jsut get two lpd8 .. or just one
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

actually you hear a lot of breaking nano pads, but I haven't heard of a single nanokontrol that disintegrated (so far) I have both myself and so far they`re not too bad, at least nothing I`de complain about for around 50 bucks.
    the line faders are a bit short for my taste and the layout could be more spacious but it does give you enough analogue inputs for controlling four fx sections and you can use the transport section for assigning some of them to the decks so you don`t have to switch scenes. So overall I`de say it's not a bad deal if you just want a lot of knobs.

oh forgot to mention, the Nkontrol buttons are really not made for cue point juggling, but you could use your keyboard for that too.
    Last edited by derjay; 11-23-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Tech Wizard

derjay, thats good to hear. are you using traktor too? if so, how do you have your nanokontrol mapped out?