Using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Traktor Pro 2

Default Using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro with Traktor Pro 2

Hi All,

Been reading all the posts about this subject on multiple forums and still have not had success. I will provide as many screenshots and details as possible, it's driving me CRAZY. I am trying to get my Fast Track Pro to work with Traktor pro 2, but I can't get the cue working. The main outs work, play a track on each deck, use the fader between the two, no problem. But I cannot get the cued track to come through the headphones. Here is my setup.

Album of screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/CNRXN

And my Fast Track Settings:
    - Speakers are plugged into TRS Outputs 1 & 2
    - Speaker level and headphone levels are at about a quarter of the volume, can confirm audio comes out of both.
    - Mix knob is all the way to the right, full level.
    - A/B switch is pushed in.

So, from the last screenshot of traktor, you can see i am playing deck b, works fine, can fade over to deck a, works fine. But when playing deck B, with the headphone button on deck a pressed, it doesn't cue in my headphones.

Ask me any questions, i'll provide timely answers! Thanks!

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

I think that your traktor settings are OK.
    The solution is maybe in your M-audio setting:
    Your output monitor setting in traktor is going to channel 3 & 4 of your MA Sdcard, right?
    So normally, the cue sound message have to go out on this channel (3&4).
    What is the A/b button? is it for switching the headphones from 1/2 to 3/4 channel? In yes, you have to set it to B (3/4 i suppose).

To go deeper it it doesn't work like that, I think you have to open your preferencies pannel setting from you M(audio, maybe hte solution is some settings straight in you soundcard preferencies.