Getting started, shopping list suggestions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hate posts like these.

Why would you buy a PA system when you haven't ever even mixed before?

You might hate it.

Just get some cheap hi-fi speakers to learn with (can be had for next to nothing), and then buy loud speakers when you KNOW you'll be playing out.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I hate posts like these.

You might hate it.

Just get some cheap hi-fi speakers to learn with (can be had for next to nothing), and then buy loud speakers when you KNOW you'll be playing out.
    ^^^ This ^^^

And ^^^ This Again ^^^
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I hate posts like these.

You might hate it.

If you must know, I'm not payin for it... The family member who is usually in charge of finding a DJ for the parties decided they would rather buy the equipment and have another family member do it. They understand the quality may not be as good, but it's fine.

The way I see it, I've built myself a number of PCs over the years and am relatively savvy with computer hardware/software. I've played guitar and drums for years and have always had a passion for music. I've never played an instrument I hated playing. Who knows, maybe I won't enjoy this one. At that point, it becomes a part time job I can do with my family while I finish up college. I agreed to play out whether I like it or not.

Otherwise I agree with your points. If it was just me, I wouldn't be diving in head first without having touched a controller before. In the mean time I'm doing as much research as I can on the subject to make sure I do it right. As with any instrument I play.

Deevey, thankyou for the advice regarding the "practice" speakers and the PA system. Your last comment about where to allocate funds made a lot of sense. I'll hold off on the sub for now. We will see how things sound without it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12