Traktor Scratch Pro with Turntable and Vestax Vci 100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Scratch Pro with Turntable and Vestax Vci 100

Hello, I have a few questions about how to use Traktor Scratch pro with turntables and a vestax vci 100. I am fairly new to this new software, before I used Traktor 3. I have 2 technics 1200's and a VCI 100. Can you use both the turntables and the vestax all together? If so, how do I get it to work properly? I can use the turntables and the vestax for effects and the filter but as for playing more than 2 tracks, it wont let me..can it be done with just a 2 channel mixer? if anyone has any information about this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks..

Do you mean with an external mixer? If so I imagine you could control decks C & D with the VCI-100 and A & B with the turntables... (provided you have a soundcard with 8 outputs and a 4 channel mixer)

... if so I imagine you could use internal mixing on the VCI-100 and use the turntables as opposed to the jog wheels for control over decks A & B?

Not 100% sure but that's the two possibilities I would envisage. I sense I've mis-interpretted what you're asking about though but thought I'd try and help on this cold wet horrible morning
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can use the turntables to control decks and the VCI-100 as your mixer. It actually can work really well if you jump between absolute and relative modes of the turntables and use the VCI to control more advanced functions (cue and beatjuggling, effects, etc.)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I want to get my setup to do the same. Is there a tsi for this or is it something we need to map ourselves? Once i have a four channel mixer again i will mix externally but until then it will be cool to be able to use my turntables and VCI together. Got a pair of Traktor TC vinyl now too. So just need the mixer and upgrade my Audio 4 to the 8. That will be wicked.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

is anyone actually doing this as i cant get it to work at all. Everytime i touch the vci platters i get a horrible sound from the decks that are being controlled by the cdjs ? like a dodgy tiny echo effect.

If anyone has this working please let me know as it annoys the hell out of me that i cant get it working.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

well dunno. i have vci se + 2 tt´s and it works like a charm
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

would love to know how you have it set up, are you using eans mapping? do you have the vci controlling decks a and b or d and d? any info would be maaarvelous

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Moley, it could be because the jogs are set to seek, and you have the control mode to absolute, so when you go to seek through the track on the VCI Traktor spazzes cause it needs to track the needle location.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i use the last .tsi the one before the new one came out today and i have my tt´s controlling deck c and d
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Think i've sussed the problem!

I'm using the load function bult into the tsi which means when i load into c or d the control on the tsi switches to c or d functionality. meaning when i move the jogs they try to control c or d aswell as the timecode cd.

Guess i need to make some tweaks to the tsi to sort some other way of loading to c or d deck. Have you not had to do this panda?

G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast