Vestax Spin VS Numark Stealth (Begginner)

Default Vestax Spin VS Numark Stealth (Begginner)

Hi guys I need your help. Here's some background info:

I started getting into electronic music a year or two ago when I fell in love with Justice. That moved into me liking Tiesto/MSTRKRFT/Daft Punk (mainstream I know...). I am the biggest blink-182 fan you're going to find anywhere and Travis Barker (their drummer) started playing Dj/Drum sets with DJ-AM. I instantly fell in love and constantly listened to their two mix tapes. I started trying out some Djing programs this past summer when I had a ton of free time and finally got my 15" Macbook Pro. I tried out Djjay, Dj-1800, Traktor and a TON more. Obviously Traktor was the best and started learning some basics just with my mouse and keyboard (lame I know but I can easily find my way around now...). I started getting the hang of things/terminiolgy and began lurking forums like this to learn more. A few months ago I began looking for possible equipment. I was looking at turntables, mixers, cd players. I was overwhelmed with the options and the price tags. Around a month a go I learned about controllers. They really sparked my attention (i originally stayed away from them due to the negative perception) due to price and functionality. I have narrowed down my options to:

Vestax Spin (so lucky it came out at this time)

Numark Stealth w/ DJio

I have completely priced them out and the Vestax will cost me $290 after tax and the Numark Stealth and DJio will cost $300. I'm now asking you, what do you suggest to a beginning DJ who doesn't want to spend a fortune but see if he wants to stick with it. PRICE LIMIT IS $300 (no vestax 100). I saw some videos of some "scrathcing" on the Vestax and that looked cool. But the controller seems cheaper quality compared to the all metal Stealth. My program of choice is Traktor so I would have to rely on someone's mapping of the Vestax Spin. Any other options you suggest? This is just meant to help me learn some basics before i decide to move on or not.

Tech Mentor

As always: Don't buy cheap stuff!

But I would recommend the Numark Stealth, it looks like better quality and I don't like the Fader EQ on the Spin and for me it's to much plastic.

And get use to programm your own tsi files. It took me a while to fully understand how to programm but I really benefit from it because you can create your really own customized mapping regarding to your own demands.

i'd get the stealth... much more control
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

not sure on the controller side but if i'd suggest a more advanced card then the dj/io or get the audio2
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    not sure on the controller side but if i'd suggest a more advanced card then the dj/io or get the audio2
    For bedroom djing, the Djio is even overkill. All I truly need is a cheap usb sound card and then I can also use the output on the Macbook. But for $50, you can't go wrong. Thanks for the help guys.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by atticus18244fsas View Post
    For bedroom djing, the Djio is even overkill. All I truly need is a cheap usb sound card and then I can also use the output on the Macbook. But for $50, you can't go wrong. Thanks for the help guys.
    I would recommend the NI audio 2 aswell