CDJ2000NXS2 compatible with Traktor yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CDJ2000NXS2 compatible with Traktor yet?

Just purchased my first CDJ2000NXS2 and I am wondering if I am going to be able to run HID mode in Traktor immediately or if I am going to have to wait. I was hoping to run HID mode in 1 deck and my DVS on the other deck. I have not seen Pioneer mention anything about hooking the new models up with Traktor but I assume it should not be a problem. Any one know?

Best guess is now that Rekordbox 4.0 allows mixing within it, it seems very unlikely there will be HID support for other programs.

Really think so? I see where you're coming from but that seems crazy to me. There are so many big name djs that use HID mode for performing. Eliminating it would seem silly

Soooo the XDJ 700 has been out since OCtober and doesn't have HID support, and the XDJ 1000 has been out for over a year and doesn't have HID support in Traktor so it seems unlikely.

I don't know if they'll eliminate HID, but probably won't have it supported for anything other than Rekordbox.

Oh ya that makes sense. Well that really sucks. I was hoping to use it in the way I wanted.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    the XDJ 1000 has been out for over a year and doesn't have HID support in Traktor so it seems unlikely.

I don't know if they'll eliminate HID, but probably won't have it supported for anything other than Rekordbox.
    Traktor 2.8 added HID support for the XDJ-1000 so it's just a matter of time. NI and Pioneer have quite more interest in the top of he line players than a budget home model.

Pioneer still thinks that laptop free environments are ultimately the way to go. RekordboxDJ is just there to ease up the transition but that doesn't mean they are killing HID.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Traktor 2.8 added HID support for the XDJ-1000 so it's just a matter of time. NI and Pioneer have quite more interest in the top of he line players than a budget home model.
    Whoops, good catch on the 1000s. Apparently the Traktor compatible hardware section of their site is outdated. Guess I should probably just read DJTechTools huh? Or maybe actually use Traktor...

Default DJM900NXS2 Traktor Woes...

Well. I just posted my findings on the DJM900NXS2 soundcard in [1]. The quick version is that I've had a nightmare of a time just trying to use my CDJ2000NXS2's through my DJM900NXS2's soundcard into Traktor Live Decks just so that I can use the Traktor effects. It should have been a simple 1 minute setup- except that the audio was not flowing through Traktor's inputs. It would go out through the mixer if I used a regular Track deck but it would not come in through the mixer to the audio driver, for some reason.

After pulling my hair out just about all day today, I finally started up Rekordbox and just happened to click the PERFORMANCE button on my free trial of rekordbox DJ to find that suddenly audio was flowing the inputs just fine! What a frustrating find.. this means they've locked off the inputs of the soundcard so that they are only passing audio when Rekordbox is available. I happen to be a programmer and I know ObjectiveC/C/C++. I also know the source code for their drivers are available on their website- except for the NXS2's! The software doesn't appear to be on their site at [2] either which makes me think perhaps these NXS2 units were released too quickly and Pioneer was not ready for them yet. Perhaps what appears to be locking down their drivers could just be a small hiccup as a result of a fast delivery of their product to the market?

Either way- I bought this mixer to replace my Xone4D which worked VERY WELL with Traktor. I am interested in getting a little more away from the computer but I still like Traktor's effects. If they really did intend to lock the soundcard down in this way- screw them.... I'll be selling the mixer and going back to Allen & Heath.

[1] https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-....ment_207123276
    [2] https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support...l-source-code/

Sounds like a xone DB4 would suit you well. The FX engine is very good and you may find that you like some of them more than Traktor's.

I've had a small amount of time using a DB4 and was blown away... just a shame I can't afford one.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Why have the mods merged the topic about DJM-900NXS2's inputs not working for DVS when not connected to RekordboxDJ with the topic about HID support of CDJ-2000NX2 in Traktor?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast