my MidiFighter...what about yours?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my MidiFighter...what about yours?

i'm completely novice about electronics, programming...hell, even soldering. but the news about the expandability of the midifighter has gotten my gears turning. i'm thinking of trying to snag one of the kits, and figure out the rest as i go.

my idea so far:
    • the 16 arcade buttons and leds

• a joystick

• an xy pad

• a couple of sliders

• a couple of knobs

i want to use it as a secondary controller to my apc40 when djing...and maybe even on it's own to 'perform' original productions in a laptop deathmatch style

here's a 5 min MS Paint sketch of my idea, lol

what's your idea?
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

sounds great! i'm also picking one up to use with my apc 40. i'm not sure what i'm going to use it/ what exact functions though... any ideas?

I think you should put the joystick above the touchpad, in order to handle it better.
    (Perhaps I would even try to squeeze in a crossfader for fun. )
    Last edited by tekki; 11-24-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I think you should put the joystick above the touchpad, in order to handle it better.
    fyp

and a +1 on that!
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    good look on the joystick

and yeah, a xfader would be dope. honestly, i'm still trying to wrap my head around how many, and what type of controls can be added...but i'm thinking that midifighter.com will bring a lot of that stuff to light.

i noticed on the Sparkfun site they have the touchscreens for PSP and Nintendo. i'm wondering if those could be somehow used for XY pads...
    Last edited by tekki; 11-24-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Your limit without doing any coding or designing electronics is 4 analog and 4 digital.

So that would be a touch pad (not all types will work) and a a joystick, or 4 knobs, or 2 knobs and two faders etc.

We do aim to eventually offer expansion boards which make it possible to connect much more to the midifighter but this will be the limit to begin with

thanks for that. i predict bugging you for a lot of information. this is my pre-emptive apology.
    !
    Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Your limit without doing any coding or designing electronics is 4 analog and 4 digital.

So that would be a touch pad (not all types will work) and a a joystick, or 4 knobs, or 2 knobs and two faders etc.

We do aim to eventually offer expansion boards which make it possible to connect much more to the midifighter but this will be the limit to begin with
    I'm pretty new to all this...hopefully you can help clear things up a bit for me. I want to make sure the mods I have planned will fit the available ports...

...I was hoping to use 4 digital buttons, much like the midifighter 2.0 uses for pages.

Then I wanted to add a thumbstick (ps2 from sparkfun) and a nice rubber jog wheel (using a rotary encoder...also from sparkfun).

Will all this fit the ports? Will the "click down" on the thumbstick work, basically giving the thumbstick a different function when it is clicked?

You can only add 4 analogue pots/faders without any knowledge in programming or electronics.

If you want to add more buttons you are going to have to get of experience in programming the chip and some basic electronics knowledge. We will be providing examples of how to do this in the future

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You can only add 4 analogue pots/faders without any knowledge in programming or electronics.

If you want to add more buttons you are going to have to get of experience in programming the chip and some basic electronics knowledge. We will be providing examples of how to do this in the future
    I think I got it now, thanks. If I understand correcty I can either do the jog wheel OR the thumbstick, yeah? And the thumbstick would be assignable to have 2 functions when using the built in button click?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast