Is Traktor Going to Implement a Streaming Service?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Traktor Going to Implement a Streaming Service?

Streaming?

Or are they going to keep wasting time on Stems?

Maybe they enjoy Serato kicking their ass like they did with the controller market.

Tech Wizard

Part of me is weirdly optimistic, not about streaming but of some of the other requests that users have had for months. With the new Stems view in 10.1, Traktor is now utilizing the GPU, which I believe will lead to opening up the door for faster processing. Fingers crossed for Horizontal Waveforms and other Serato goodies.

Tech Mentor

why would they get into streaming? they're a software and hardware company, not a music distributor.

Stems was created to provide a proprietarily to their software. Its an ease of use of DJ software without the steep learning curve of Ableton.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    why would they get into streaming? they're a software and hardware company, not a music distributor
    I don't think he means streaming in that sense. Considering that all the music services have adopted a streaming model now, I can certainly picture Traktor implementing Apple Music/Spotify/Pulselocker support. I personally would love that, got so much music that i've just clicked 'add to library'.

i guess they might have some other more important and more exciting plans with traktor than streaming.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I don't think he means streaming in that sense. Considering that all the music services have adopted a streaming model now, I can certainly picture Traktor implementing Apple Music/Spotify/Pulselocker support. I personally would love that, got so much music that i've just clicked 'add to library'.
    Possibly, but I don't think native instruments is big enough to capture the niche market (stems) and a more broad consumer market (streaming capability).

I think native instruments is going the right direction by differentiating them selves by incorporating stems, because its fairly easy for anyone to develop a DJ software that plays song A and song B. The only issue here is to convert enough users onto the platform to grab market share from Serato and Pioneer.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    Possibly, but I don't think native instruments is big enough to capture the niche market (stems) and a more broad consumer market (streaming capability).

I think native instruments is going the right direction by differentiating them selves by incorporating stems, because its fairly easy for anyone to develop a DJ software that plays song A and song B. The only issue here is to convert enough users onto the platform to grab market share from Serato and Pioneer.
    I love Traktor, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Not sure how long this BS will keep them afloat.

Proprietary hardware, Remix decks, stems, etc.

Strike 3.

Not really sure why you think Stems is NI "shooting themselves in the foot." To me it seems like a very cool way to up the potential for new artistic avenues and what not.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Give them some time to re-write some of old sketchy codes first.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Not really sure why you think Stems is NI "shooting themselves in the foot." To me it seems like a very cool way to up the potential for new artistic avenues and what not.
    Because it really doesnt. Its a very basic live remixing format, that allows people to do easily what other performers have been doing with more difficulty for decades. There is nothing new about it.

The problem is that they concentrate on this while the basic functionality falls way out of date, and they cannot release anything that doesnt have major bugs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast