Ill Gates not very happy with Pioneer
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Ill Gates not very happy with Pioneer

this is what he said in an open letter to Pioneer

Dear Pioneer,

You won. You became the ‘industry standard’ brand. There is no escape. Congratulations.

As the ‘industry standard’ brand DJs around the world (myself included) are more or less forced to rely on the stability of your equipment every time they take the stage. Yes, we can bring our own sound cards, controllers, etc. but space in DJ booths is extremely limited and your brand dominates the space. Getting even a laptop in there can be a challenge, let alone a MIDI controller, Serato box, USB hub and whatever else is required to take our performance beyond the ‘push play’ cliché.

So we DJs adapted. We sucked it up. We sold our controllers. Many of us switched from Ableton and tried to adapt. Personally: I moved to using a hybrid Ableton / Serato / MixEmergency setup in order to provide an audio / video set with finger drumming and camera feeds. It wasn’t optimal, but it worked. For a while.

…UNTIL YOU THREW US SERATO USERS UNDER THE BUS.

Ever since OS X El Capitan you have been blaming Apple for shortcomings of your Serato side. I’ve been going back and forth with your “tech support” team for months. I’ve done everything you asked. I did all of the updates. I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled every driver you asked me to. I learned to bring a network cable with me so I could update the firmware before every performance. I even REPLACED AN ENTIRE MACBOOK at my own expense when your “tech support” team blamed imaginary Apple hardware defects.

NONE OF IT WORKED.

Your “tech support” team has been blaming Serato, Apple, USB hubs, anyone but Pioneer. It has been MONTHS.

Today I finally sucked it up AGAIN. CDJs and the 900NXS do not work for Serato, so I put my setup up for sale and ordered a DDJ-SR controller despite the fact that it is too large to bring as normal carry on luggage and I will have to argue with flight attendants on every single flight from now on.

Then I go online and find an announcement for Serato users saying NOT to update to OSX 10.11.4 or it will break the ENTIRE PIONEER LINE!

It has been MANY versions of OSX since El Capitan first came out. There is no excuse. Serato works GREAT with El Capitan unless you use Pioneer equipment. Native Instruments gear works GREAT with El Capitan. Even mom and pop plugins work fine! The only thing that doesn’t work is the combination of Pioneer and Serato!

I WONDER WHY?

I can only assume at this point that Pioneer is trying to pressure Serato users into switching to Rekordbox!

What was with that 900-SRT mixer that cost so much more than the normal 900-NXS? Then all of a sudden the 900-NXS supports Serato? Too bad for any Serato users who bought the SRT model! Sucks to be them! Should have used Rekordbox.

Now the new 900-NXS2 model starts showing up in my DJ booth despite the fact that it’s not on my rider. The promoters figured it was newer, so it had to be better than the normal 900-NXS right? NOPE! No Serato support AT ALL! Sucks to be me, should have used Rekordbox.

And what is with the XDJ-RX ‘all in one’ controller? Seems like an excellent, space saving solution for venues around the world… except it doesn’t support Serato and never will! Sucks to be you! Should have used Rekordbox!

I could keep listing examples but I have to go online and figure out a new compact solution to be able to play my A/V/Live sets without using any of your horribly overpriced equipment because I will never, ever, EVER buy another Pioneer product in my life.

Sincerely,

ill.GATES

PS: Fuck you.

link http://producerdj.com/2016/03/an-ope...-serato-users/

I think hes right !
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Serato released the latest version of SeratoDJ that fixes problems with Pio controllers so...

Btw, I'm still puzzled by the constant need for upgrading a OS on a DJ-ing laptop by mac users...seems that problems that come with it basically negate any benefit of using a mac in the first place
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Thats a pretty intense letter. I use to love Pioneer. I took a long time away from music and then got my traktor set up with a S5 recently and now when I touch a cdj I dnt see the cost for the feel of the player. Its def a beast but yeah a pioneer tax has been added. Dont know whats up with the serato problem you have though. Hope it gets worked out.

I hate Pioneer, but being devils advocate, I dont think they should be forced to support Serato.

They are a software company now.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Btw, I'm still puzzled by the constant need for upgrading a OS on a DJ-ing laptop by mac users...seems that problems that come with it basically negate any benefit of using a mac in the first place
    True, I never update anything unless it's necessary for some software or hardware to work. Every DJ should do this IMO.
    Do you know how to deal with the bugs you always encounter? Stick with them!

About Pioneer, I also think Ill Gates is right, Pioneer stuff is not stable since I don't remember when.
    Solution: use Traktor with external audio interface.

PS: Their mixers are good.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

The only gripe I have with Pioneer is the cost of their CDJ's.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post

PS: Their mixers are good.
    If you've ever played on any other mixers you would think differently.

Old Vestax, Rane and Urei were all way better mixers.

Tech Mentor

A&H mixers are great as well I have had so many problems with my 900 its time to sell very soon I think.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

So glad to see other people feel like I do about pio. Idk anything about serato , but screw pioneer. ugh.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    The only gripe I have with Pioneer is the cost of their CDJ's.
    same

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast