S2 Kontrol & Stems issue

Default S2 Kontrol & Stems issue

Hi all I'm just new here

my question is this I have recently updated my traktor hardware to the latest 2.10 that has added stems view I can load and see them stems but I have little to no control over it with my control s2 it is not the mk2 as its the older version so I'm looking to know weather or not I have to map the controller to use and have full control over stems and if so where can I find the mapping or any help on this as I cant find any on youtube??

any help would be great on this

thank you DJ PHILIP B

Quote Originally Posted by dj philip b View Post
    Hi all I'm just new here

my question is this I have recently updated my traktor hardware to the latest 2.10 that has added stems view I can load and see them stems but I have little to no control over it with my control s2 it is not the mk2 as its the older version so I'm looking to know weather or not I have to map the controller to use and have full control over stems and if so where can I find the mapping or any help on this as I cant find any on youtube??

any help would be great on this

thank you DJ PHILIP B
    can anyone help?

Short answer: buy Kontrol F1. No amount of advanced mapping for your S2 will give you a satisfactory control over the stems.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Short answer: buy Kontrol F1. No amount of advanced mapping for your S2 will give you a satisfactory control over the stems.
    there has got to be a way to map it as everything else can be mapped?? tbh in my eyes the s2 has more ability to control than the f1 does if I could get a way to map the s2 has everything else thanks

even if I got to know the basic mapping

Doesn't matter if you have the mk1 or 2, the s2 hasn't controls over stems as far as I remember.
    However what you can easily do is to swap your eq controls for stems levels when a deck is set as a stem one.
    Just integrate the (re)mapping for your eq knobs while using the modifier deck=track deck, and create the controls for stems while the modifier is set to deck=stems. Quite easy and that gives you a bit of control over a stem track.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

"Compatible with Stems" meaning out of the box compatibility, you can map them to any MIDI device and what Yul suggested is basically how they worked around it in Flow8.

Tech Wizard

Yul has the right idea. What I've done for a couple of mates though on similar setups (although not the S2 sorry) is remapped the effect dials to control the stem levels when the deck=stems. I'd try out both and see which you prefer.

Next step if you enjoy using the stems is getting some kind of controller to use with them. The F1 works great, I did a mapping for the MF3D that I like a lot, theres a MFTwister map, and anything could do the trick really even a dead cheap pad conroller

Default mapping stems

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Doesn't matter if you have the mk1 or 2, the s2 hasn't controls over stems as far as I remember.
    However what you can easily do is to swap your eq controls for stems levels when a deck is set as a stem one.
    Just integrate the (re)mapping for your eq knobs while using the modifier deck=track deck, and create the controls for stems while the modifier is set to deck=stems. Quite easy and that gives you a bit of control over a stem track.
    if you are so kind can you tell me briefly how to map this. I konw the basics but i cannot find the volume levels of each stem channel in order to assign it to the FX knobs..

thanks in advance Yul

Deck Common ---> Submix --> Slot Volume Adjust -- the same commands used for Remix Decks.