Is traktor stable with the latest OSX? - El Capitan version 10.11.3???
    Tech Student

Default Is traktor stable with the latest OSX? - El Capitan version 10.11.3???

HELP
    Is traktor stable with the latest OSX - El Capitan version 10.11.3???

During gigs a track will start deterioriating, with the audio being choppy. Sometimes this then goes down in pitch and sounds satanic.

This only gets fixed by restarting traktor.

I知 running Traktor Scratch pro2.10.0.13 With OSX El Capitan version 10.11.3, with a new Macbook pro 13 inch early 2015 8GB & 512GB.

Using an S8 controller, sample rate 44100 latency 512, processing 11.6ms, output 18.3ms, overall 29.9ms

I have no other programs running and wifi and bluetooth is turned off.

At the moment when this happens, I値l plug my phone into the S8 and restart traktor mid set. Happens about twice ever 6 hour set (doing weddings)

Question: Should I be using this version of El Capitan? & is there a more stable version out there?
    If not is there a way to go back to an older version?
    Is there anything else I can do to make my mac more stable when DJing

Many thanks!

Tech Guru

A good tip would be to find a stable version of Traktor and stick to it.

Better than that, find a stable version of everything and stick to them. Mac OS, Traktor version, Equipment firmware etc.

Just update it if you really need to, like to make something work.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

AFAIK:

The earliest version of Traktor with S8 support is 2.7.0 so in theory you could try running that and work from there. In practice, however, El Capitan has broken a lot of stuff in the DJ world so you may have to go back to the previous OSX version to see if that works. Unfortunately there is no easy answer when getting Macbooks to work with DJ software at the moment.

Also, considering your laptop specs, your latency is very high. I get 3-5ms overall latency on a 2011/12 Windows laptop.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.