Twisted Grat Mapping Issue
    Tech Wizard

Default Twisted Grat Mapping Issue

I've been back and forth with this mapping and cant get it to really work well, my final fix is my post below but and the included tsi for anyone to try out attached. With a bit more fiddling I may end up quite happy but so far it just works ok.

I recently purchased the Midi fighter Twister! Cool very excited but...
    When using the Twisted Gratification mapping along with the Sequencer (configured via the Midi clock send).
    I found that any changes with the knobs push or side buttons to select effects routing to the decks would cause glitches, Strange slow down type glitches within the Sequencer patterns. But no visible increase in cpu?

Well after testing by turning on and off the outputs to each of the 3 mappings and some major searching through the maps I found that it was the Send Monitor State Command.

The fix, Sorry I can't explain with an easy to follow description of what I did to the mappings to make the two play nice, but the main thing is I deleted any instance of the Send Monitor State commands and changed the map and Midi Fighter Utility file to work for me.

I also changed the side buttons, cause who really needs 6 side buttons to select what deck effects are routed to?
    Now only the top right and left are used, the middle of course is to switch to the Sequencer and the bottom sides scroll to use the other 3 pages for mapping more.
    Also I added a command so when the Sequencer mode is configured to deck "D", the effects mapping changes the Quant setting to 1/4 when switched.oops I left that out it was a separate map.

I am currently working on some other settings for the effects, mainly to use some effect tails on reverbs and such.
    When done I will post the mapping. But for now hopefully the attached file works and anyone can use what I did so far.

Attachment 26541
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zephry; 03-23-2016 at 05:18 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi zephry,

That shouldn't be the case because I've used the Twister sequenced sounds while tuning up the FX presets for the Twisted Grat mapping. The Send Monitor State was only used to sync the LED Ring with the modifiers in Traktor and it should not be the cause of any latency problems with the real time audio processing.

It would be good to know what OS and computer do you use. Testing on another computer and usb cable is also worth a try.
    How long since the last OS/Traktor reinstall? Corrupted Traktor settings files can also result in bad performance.

I'm glad that removing the Monitor State helped! Will download your file to test the LED ring behavior .

Tech Wizard

Yep no matter what that is the issue.
    It actually makes my F1 blink every time that function is used.
    I tried using 2.9 Traktor as well.
    I use a Sony Vaio with a SSD. 16g ram and I7. Running Windows 10.
    I am going to try using 32 bit version of Traktor. Maybe the 64bit has issues?

Tech Wizard

Did full reinstall of Traktor, I tried 32bit, and only tried using the Sequencer map and the Effects map. All still responding the same way.
    Its ok I've almost got this thing mapped the way I want anyway.

Tech Student

Hi,

I have the same issue with the Twisted Gratification mapping. There is a clicking sound whenever I press one of the encoders or the side buttons. IŽll try your version of the mapping to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for sharing it!

Tech Convert

Hi zephry,

Thanks for putting this together, I was having a similar issue, your fix worked a treat.

Oh I so hope this is the issue...
    I've had the same issue with the Stems, Twisted Grat and now the duo Sequencer mapping...
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deksel View Post
    Oh I so hope this is the issue...
    I've had the same issue with the Stems, Twisted Grat and now the duo Sequencer mapping...
    The 'Send Monitor State' command can cause pops in audio only if your computer is not well optimized for DJing or doesn't meet system requirement for Traktor. Now that you say that you have a same issue with our other two mappings which basically doesn't even have the 'Sent Monitor State' command I'd say that the issue is surely somewhere in your OS. And not with the mapping itself.