New Rule: No mixes without tracklistings. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    We need a rule:

No Mixes without Tracklisting.

Throwing up something essentially asking for 60 minutes of my time and attention without the courtesy of listing your tracks is lazy, disrespectful and just plain rude. You can't be bothered to be respectful, I can't be bothered to post in your thread.

[ /endrant]
    I think its lazy and rude behaviour demanding a tracklist.If you like a track get out there and discover it.Why should others do all your leg work?.I agree with listing the artists/producers but not full tracklists with time stamps.
    I spend hours searching through the lesser known artisits so my mixes arent just the same old stuff everybody plays.Saying its disrespectful is just being ignorant.
    If someone really wants a track they can just ask me
    Last edited by GUVNA; 11-25-2009 at 02:49 AM.

I think if we are going to give you an hour of time, and use valuable bandwidth listening to your mix, as well as possibly giving some positive feedback, the least you can do is provide a tracklist. Personally i find it f***ing annoying not knowing what i'm listening to. If i hear a few standout tracks i might even source a copy for myself, and promote the mix on our web pages. Anyone that just copies others' sets and tracklists need to discover a style for themselves, instead of trying to be hawtin clones. We don't need that elitist track hiding crap in this forum guys.
    Last edited by Jester; 11-25-2009 at 03:52 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah, I've always felt that if that ONE special song is the only thing making my set unique, I've got a bigger problem than trainspotters, right?
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    We need a rule:

No Mixes without Tracklisting.

Throwing up something essentially asking for 60 minutes of my time and attention without the courtesy of listing your tracks is lazy, disrespectful and just plain rude. You can't be bothered to be respectful, I can't be bothered to post in your thread.

If you do list the tracks, including the remix, then I get to hear carefully selected new music, you get the feedback you want from people who also like your style, you will most likely get some recomendations, support and helpful comments, the artists get more track sales. The world is a better place.

Be nice. Think of others. Write the list and everyone benefits.

[ /endrant]
    FINALLY!!!! that´s what i always said!! right on
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Any way we can make the forum interface with traktors html export of playlists? hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    Yeah, I've always felt that if that ONE special song is the only thing making my set unique, I've got a bigger problem than trainspotters, right?
    LOL I follow you, I usually will even give you the tracks I buy, but I have a few ones that even if I was catholic I wouldn't tell the pope in a coffension were I got them. The sad thing and this is an awful coincidence I was going to post a set today and suprisingly I was not going to give out all the track names becuase there are a few that cost me too much time and I could even say that I have travel to get some of this tracks. I decided to make a mix and share the music experience.
    I see your point and I always share my knowledge and I even give out tracks but there are exceptions on my crate . So I will probably partially brake this rule in a few hours :eek: .... dont hate me

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

See, what I don't get about not sharing your successes in finding this stuff is all wrapped in what we're doing.

I'm a DJ. I am playing other people's music and getting paid for it. Why should they not get all the credit in the world for it? It's not my music, I did not spend the time writing it so some other guy can go and play it for other people.

Who cares if someone rips off your set. Just by listening to it I can guarantee they couldn't pull it off like you could. This all comes down to ego, and the people who lose in the end are the artists who aren't getting the promotion that could make them more successful and be able to produce more quality music.

And then, what good does it do me to listen to a mix and critique it if I can't actually discuss transitions and blends when I don't know what the music is that's being used. That just seems counter productive. For all I'd know you could be spinning three 20 minute songs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I'm a DJ. I am playing other people's music and getting paid for it. Why should they not get all the credit in the world for it? It's not my music, I did not spend the time writing it so some other guy can go and play it for other people.

Who cares if someone rips off your set. Just by listening to it I can guarantee they couldn't pull it off like you could. This all comes down to ego, and the people who lose in the end are the artists who aren't getting the promotion that could make them more successful and be able to produce more quality music.
    I completely agree with that. I'm a Dj and also musician (drummer) in a band and I understand that a DJ is playing music from other people 90% of the time and don't know a reason for not sharing it.
    Also I think it's not only important the songs you play but the WAY you play them. What are people thinking when hidding the tracklist? it's like a pirate's treasure???
    This forum is all about LEARNING, LEARNING and LEARNING.... learning from each other... learning from tips on fx, tips on mixing, tips on DIY, and why not tips on choosing music?????
    I think if people wants to HIDE their knowledge this is not their forum...

only a private opinion

See, what I don't get about not sharing your successes in finding this stuff is all wrapped in what we're doing.

And then, what good does it do me to listen to a mix and critique it if I can't actually discuss transitions and blends when I don't know what the music is that's being used. That just seems counter productive. For all I'd know you could be spinning three 20 minute songs.
    he said it best, the last time I remember people hiding tunes was because they were a really rare piece of vinyl and a breakbeat! or a seriously rare rare groove, a few of my old dj friends play big soul/R&B events here in London and they used to be like that, but luckily for me they don't do it anymore and they also play on the radio so can't, afaik the fact I am playing someone elses tracks means they should benefit from that fact.

Speaking of... How does one notate playing more than one song at a time for extended periods. What if we're only using a synthline from one song the drums from another and an acapella from a third? WHAT DO WE DO THEN!?? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

..... *deep breath*

No seriously...I've been trying to figure out how to appropriately notate my sets for a while now...
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast