How do you choose next song? TECHNO. TECH-HOUSE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How do you choose next song? TECHNO. TECH-HOUSE

So when I do my sets I usually get guided by this questions I do to myself:

Is it in Key?
    Is it the right song for the moment? (bringing energy up or down)
    Is it dark techno or happy techno?
    Does it have long or short breaks?

Then depending on all of those variables I choose my next song. Most of my tracks are in the 122-127 range, so sometimes I really don't look at the BPM.

And sometimes I just don't care and mix whatever(but im at my house lol)

Can you guys share how you go about choosing the next song?

if you are having problems finding the next track why are you limiting your thought process with "is it in key?"?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I don't have problems finding the next track, I am just interested how other people do it. Since I don't have any djs friends teaching me their tricks...

Those questions are not in order,sometimes If I really like a song I just play it just because my head says" This song will be the bomb right now ". I try not to limit myself to just have it in key... If i did that all my sets would sound the same and songs in the same order and that would be boring for me.

i just pick randomly because the folder i tend to be picking from is all songs i want to play out. it doesnt really ever depend on what key it is or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by surfersamu View Post
    I don't have problems finding the next track, I am just interested how other people do it. Since I don't have any djs friends teaching me their tricks...

Those questions are not in order,sometimes If I really like a song I just play it just because my head says" This song will be the bomb right now ". I try not to limit myself to just have it in key... If i did that all my sets would sound the same and songs in the same order and that would be boring for me.
    okay...I get frustrated when people use mixed in key because they think they need to or have to because it's there. Your ears will tell you better than any piece of software.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    i just pick randomly because the folder i tend to be picking from is all songs i want to play out. it doesnt really ever depend on what key it is or anything like that.
    My method also. Different start times for different track combinations. Great way to stumble across good combos. (and it also helps you learn your music)
    Last edited by keithace; 03-18-2016 at 07:53 PM.

try to get to know your tracks well. It takes some time but I listen to them while getting ready to head out, in the car or at the gym.

you make little mental notes on what they feel like, when they would work better and what other tracks might fall into the same pocket.

then just play out and you'll feel it.

I also think narrowing your focus of tracks that you want to play helps...

Quote Originally Posted by surfersamu View Post
    sometimes If I really like a song I just play it just because my head says" This song will be the bomb right now "
    trusting yourself, your taste and your selections plays a big part also. You want choices to be second nature, with an open mind for possibilities...

Tech Mentor

I tend to focus more on the groove of the songs, rather than the key of the song. I wouldn't worry about it too much, there is beauty in the disharmonics of techno and tech-house.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Every 6th track
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast