RekordboxDJ DVS Is Out - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Can someone explain what use timecode support is for CDJS that already have HID support, and where Rekordbox is acting as the brain?
    Cdj850 and older.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

The pricing and use will not see anyone changing from traktor or serato anytime soon. This is really only to benefit those that have a full pioneer setup already that want to get into DVS.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

What are the chances of Rane or A&H mixers being able to use Pio DVS?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by NLCNLY View Post
    What are the chances of Rane or A&H mixers being able to use Pio DVS?
    Low I guess. A&H has never cooperated with Pioneer. Rane is in direct competition with Rekordbox.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Cdj850 and older.
    Those dont always have HID support.

Anyway, I read CDJ when it was actually DJM. I was confused as to why CDJs had anything to do with DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Can someone explain what use timecode support is for CDJS that already have HID support, and where Rekordbox is acting as the brain?
    THIS

Never understood timecode on CDJs, turntables sure but I suppose Pioneer can add a couple of hundred on the price tag for the feature

Tech Convert

Not sure if this information has been released, but does anyone know if you are using rekordbox dvs (with 2 turntables and 2 cdjs [2000nxs]), does the waveform show up on the cdj's? Or is it like using the cdj's in traktor [HID], and no waveform is displayed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by housekeys View Post
    Not sure if this information has been released, but does anyone know if you are using rekordbox dvs (with 2 turntables and 2 cdjs [2000nxs]), does the waveform show up on the cdj's? Or is it like using the cdj's in traktor [HID], and no waveform is displayed at all?
    Probably no waveform because you're just going to be playing the timecode tone through the CDJ and into the mixer which then will decipher that tone into rekordbox.

Tech Convert

Thanks for reply overcast. I was under the assumption that by using rekordbox dvs, that I would be able to use the CDJ's via HID (or pioneer's equivalent to HID, not even sure they have that?). But just so I am clear, this is not an option? If I am to use rekordbox dvs, both the turntables (obviously) and cdjs require timecode (via vinyl/cd's)?

Kinda a bummer...it [rekordbox dvs] would've been a bit more enticing, if the cdj's functioned in HID and displayed waveforms. Maybe it'll be implemented later?

Quote Originally Posted by housekeys View Post
    Thanks for reply overcast. I was under the assumption that by using rekordbox dvs, that I would be able to use the CDJ's via HID (or pioneer's equivalent to HID, not even sure they have that?). But just so I am clear, this is not an option? If I am to use rekordbox dvs, both the turntables (obviously) and cdjs require timecode (via vinyl/cd's)?

Kinda a bummer...it [rekordbox dvs] would've been a bit more enticing, if the cdj's functioned in HID and displayed waveforms. Maybe it'll be implemented later?
    You can already use CDJs via HID with Rekordbox DJ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast