Wave file tag info>>>>????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone know or have a good system for starting and updating and organizing your music library??
    I mean from the moment when you download the track
    SMART PLAYLISTS in iTunes.

Download your music. Add all of the relevant tags. Stick it in a folder. Make sure iTunes is pointed at that folder.

I have ALL OF MY DJing music in a SINGLE folder. No folder structure whatsoever. Just one folder.

All sorting and grouping is done with iTunes Smart Playlists.

Like I said - if all of the information that you'll ever want to sort/group on is in the tags, you can create any number of Smart Playlists that will group on that information.

As long as you tag your new files before you bring 'em into iTunes, they'll automagically be added to EVERY Smart Playlist that their tags dictate they should belong to.

You can create and delete your iTunes library as many times as you like. As long as you have the tags saved wit the files, you can re-build your Smart Playlists at anytime.

You can even create non-Smart Playlists from Smart Playlists by clicking and dragging to a new Playlist. So, you can create a smart playlist (say for a specific mix/gig) save it as a normal Playlist, and delete the original Smart Playlist. If you kept the Smart Playlist, as you add new files that meet the criteria for that Smart Playlist, they'll automatically be added to it, but, if you converted it to a non-Smart Playlist, it would never auto-update.

Great if you want to keep a record of what you selected for a particular gig or mix, and also want to minimise the number of Smart Playlists you have.

But, yeah, iTunes Smart Playlists are where it's at, mate!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Default Smart playlists eh????

Hi Patch

Thanks for your advice!!

Very Good. Yes but then that one folder that you put things into will eventually get to be one massive folder with all sorts of genres and styles of music..... I think I might be a bit ocd and it will bother me that its this way.....

Smartplaylists ......This seems to be the trend for some djs... well its a great way I agree.... and am almost done with my own smart playlist system....

I'm running into some barriers though with trying to create SMART playlists according to MOOD, SET TIME, VENUE, there aren't any fields in iTunes with those categories..... and I'm not sure where to write them too...

I should also mention that like to play according to mood... I find its the best way for me to select tracks...

As you may already know the beatport pro app allows for all the updating and tagging which is super helpful... and the best part about it is that you can tag according to MOOD, VENUE, SET TIME,
    But how can you create smartplaylists in Beatport Pro??

if only beatport pro can be integrated somehow with iTunes or perhaps it can be used just like iTunes if we can figure out a way to make smart playlists in beatport pro???

Also I'm using a pc and so perhaps there is a a difference with the beatport pro for mac and windows...

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    SMART PLAYLISTS in iTunes.

Download your music. Add all of the relevant tags. Stick it in a folder. Make sure iTunes is pointed at that folder.

I have ALL OF MY DJing music in a SINGLE folder. No folder structure whatsoever. Just one folder.

All sorting and grouping is done with iTunes Smart Playlists.

Like I said - if all of the information that you'll ever want to sort/group on is in the tags, you can create any number of Smart Playlists that will group on that information.

As long as you tag your new files before you bring 'em into iTunes, they'll automagically be added to EVERY Smart Playlist that their tags dictate they should belong to.

You can create and delete your iTunes library as many times as you like. As long as you have the tags saved wit the files, you can re-build your Smart Playlists at anytime.

You can even create non-Smart Playlists from Smart Playlists by clicking and dragging to a new Playlist. So, you can create a smart playlist (say for a specific mix/gig) save it as a normal Playlist, and delete the original Smart Playlist. If you kept the Smart Playlist, as you add new files that meet the criteria for that Smart Playlist, they'll automatically be added to it, but, if you converted it to a non-Smart Playlist, it would never auto-update.

Great if you want to keep a record of what you selected for a particular gig or mix, and also want to minimise the number of Smart Playlists you have.

But, yeah, iTunes Smart Playlists are where it's at, mate!
    Best Regards,
    Alex

Tech Convert

Hmmmmm....... well folks, its settled then!!!!!

I will from now on convert to AIFF!!!

thank you to all the posters for helping out!!!

you're all right..... get it ????? hahaha alright=all right..... hahahahhahahaa
    Best Regards,
    Alex

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Happy to help mate

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by alekspinns View Post
    Hmmmmm....... well folks, its settled then!!!!!

I will from now on convert to AIFF!!!

thank you to all the posters for helping out!!!

you're all right..... get it ????? hahaha alright=all right..... hahahahhahahaa
    convert your old tracks that are WAV to AIFF. but buy your new tracks fresh already in AIFF

https://pro.beatport.com/account/audio-format

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12