Wave file tag info>>>>?????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Wave file tag info>>>>?????

does anyone know anything about writing tag information to WAVE files??

I have started to buy wave format tracks and am having issues writing tag info to the track..

when I drag the file into the beatport pro app, the file shows up a blank, I can still hit sync with beatport and type in the name manually, and then I can find the tag info and press done, nothing gets written to the file.

for mp3s I use "The Godfather" to fix the names easy.... then run them through beaport pro with no issues, but with waves the program doesn't allow me to do that...

any thoughts??

Regular wav files have very little tagable info. I've NEVER understood why DJ software doesn't adopt Broadcast wav files as that would allow as much if not more info than what you can access via mp3 but that's the difference between prosumer and professional software APs, I guess.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Convert them to AIFF, you still get to keep a lossless format but with proper tagging capabilities.

Tech Guru

Or FLAC - also lossless, also tag-able.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Convert

Default Yesssss

Thank you for the hints fellas!!!!!!

converted the waves to AIFF and its as if it was an mp3...:thumbup :

now onto coming up with a proper organizational system for my music....

currently using iTunes and have started to learn about the smart crate systems...

here is a pretty cool video for that in case anyone is interested....

although this video isn't completely thorough.... organizing by key and different key variations is great but I want to be able to include the mood criteria in there just like beatport pro...
    if only there is a way to combine both iTunes and beatport pro together somehow...

the video with Ian from techtools is also not fully thorough...

Does anyone know or have a good system for starting and updating and organizing your music library??
    I mean from the moment when you download the track
    1. what folder it goes into?
    2. what you do with the track next?
    3. what folder it ends up in??

I understand this can be very different for everyone, but perhaps we can come up with the ultimate workflow for downloading and preparing the tracks so that they are super organized and tagged to be able to search for songs effortlessly....

best regards,
    to anyone who sees this!

Tech Mentor

WAV does not save metadata. if you're buying tracks from Beatport, buy them in AIFF instead and they will come with metadata embedded. The quality is the exact same and AIFF works with every DJ software.

FLAC would be better due to smaller file size, but I'm not aware of beatport offering direct download of FLAC, and it also is not compatible with all DJ gear. if you use iTunes to organize your library, FLAC will not import. AIFF is your best option for now

Tech Guru

Yep Wav to AIFF, there's a good program Trainspotter that helps with tagging from Beatport and Discogs

just checked hsn't been updated in a while, but the creator was cool, i had amails back and forth for a while

http://www.tspotter.net/download

Funny thing is, WAV's TOTALLY have metadata, it's just that nothing and nobody (except Sony) uses them. Never have understood why, they're just as easy to access and code for as MP3/ID3 tags, but nobody bothers.

Tech Guru

not sure about that i don't think you can write all of the data, AIFF lets you tag much more thoroughly and you can store album art, can't do that with WAV

You have the same ability to add any unlimited amount of metadata as you do with any other format, including album art (bliss will do album art, for example), you can even embed an ID3 tag in there if that's what you want to do. See here for a list of things you can do right now with WAV metadata. You'll notice that WAV is a RIFF file... a related member of the IFF family to AIFF.

It's not that it can't be done, it's that there is no interest in doing it (for whatever reason that I can't guess)... and as a result, solid standards haven't really emerged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast