MF3D & Twister for FX's in Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default MF3D & Twister for FX's in Traktor?

Is it be possible to run a MF3D and Twister to have both the 3D and Twister for FX control?

I've got the Twisted Grat mapping running well with the Twister & was wondering if any of you have added a 3D successfully.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

What is your setup and which functionality would you prefer in addition to Twisted Gratification mapping?

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe thanks for the reply.

Setup is below & Im looking to add a MF3D for instant effects, I'm using the twister more for building the mood, I also use the sequencer mapping to boost the weaker tracks in my collection (I drop some classic house in my sets & the sequencer has given them new life)

I was using Tekken's mapping for the F1 before I started using F1 purely for remix deck C (Sequencer mapping is on deck D)

My setup is missing the instant grat that Tekken's mapping gave & wondered if anybody was using both the MF3D & Twister successfully for effects.

2 x D2's
    2 x X1 M2's
    1 X F1
    MF Twister
    DN-X 1600

Thanks
    Phil

Hi Phil,

I've just finalized the first version of very basic MF3D mapping that gives you one set of 7 momentary effects to play with. You can also save the FX state for all those effects just like in original Instant Gratification mapping for the midifighter classic.

Download: MF3D_GRAT_0.1.0.zip

1. Import provided .mfs file in the Midifighter Utility and send now settings to the Midifighter.
    2. In controller manager/Device Menu, click "ADD" > "Import Other" > navigate to where the .tsi file was saved.
    3. You will see two MF3D_GRAT mapping devices added to your other mappings. Just assign MIDI in and out ports to 'Midi Fighter 3d' for both this devices.

QuickGuide.jpg

There are two "Kill FX" buttons - second kill button doesn't reset the Wet/Dry levels.
    Bank buttons are Deck Assignments.

Please note that you can combine different rows of effects but not the same FX row on both Twister and MF 3D. There is a possibility to sync modifiers between the mappings if messages are going to "ALL PORTS" will probably leave that for the final mapping.

The feedback on this version is welcome. This is the only Midifighter 3D mapping that has same FX Unit arrangement compatible with Twisted Gratification map.

Tech Wizard

This is perfect! I think I'll be testing this out this weekend! Thanks

Good to know!! When ever you have time for it man, just let me know how you like it.

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe,

Before I started testing the MF3D map you did I had sort out a glitch I was having with the Twisted Grat mapping very similar to another member Zephry here http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=90999 - The fix from Zephry did the trick, no more glitching! For anybody experiencing something similar it was every time I pushed an encoder down to engage an effect there was a weird clicking sound only for a millisecond but all the same you knew it was there.

So I've been testing your mapping now for around 4 hours & it's seems to working well, although I have noticed I have to press the buttons on the second row (Reverb, LFO, Delay T3, & LoFi) twice to get them to engage, That said the sequencer works & I have a few instant grat effects to play with on the MF3D & the twister isn't glitching anymore

Thanks for putting this together, due to myself having absolutely no mapping experience I'm completely reliant on people like yourself putting these maps together so it's very much appreciated.

What next have you any plans to take it further?

Quote Originally Posted by philgee View Post
    Hi Stewe,

Before I started testing the MF3D map you did I had sort out a glitch I was having with the Twisted Grat mapping very similar to another member Zephry here http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=90999 - The fix from Zephry did the trick, no more glitching! For anybody experiencing something similar it was every time I pushed an encoder down to engage an effect there was a weird clicking sound only for a millisecond but all the same you knew it was there.
    Sorry to hear you guys had that problem with the mapping. Those pops and clicks in the audio are usually addressed to Windows computers and unoptimized machines - those can easily break Traktor settings files - optimization is the key. My PC which is i7 quad core 8GB RAM SSD would be also giving me a hell lot of troubles with audio if I didn't optimize Windows for DJing and music production.

So I've been testing your mapping now for around 4 hours & it's seems to working well, although I have noticed I have to press the buttons on the second row (Reverb, LFO, Delay T3, & LoFi) twice to get them to engage, That said the sequencer works & I have a few instant grat effects to play with on the MF3D & the twister isn't glitching anymore
    Thanks for the report. I'll look into that!

Thanks for putting this together, due to myself having absolutely no mapping experience I'm completely reliant on people like yourself putting these maps together so it's very much appreciated.

What next have you any plans to take it further?
    Happy to share my mappings!
    I plan to maybe add a few super combos? There already is a super combo built in to Ramp buttons that activates the freeze effect when you hold down all four buttons in the row. other two effect rows should also have a button combination to insert more effects.
    Please post your suggestions for the new features. Definitely gonna try to sync modifiers so both mappings can be fully utilized.

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe,

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Sorry to hear you guys had that problem with the mapping. Those pops and clicks in the audio are usually addressed to Windows computers and unoptimized machines - those can easily break Traktor settings files - optimization is the key. My PC which is i7 quad core 8GB RAM SSD would be also giving me a hell lot of troubles with audio if I didn't optimize Windows for DJing and music production.
    Yeah, I should really do the optimisation but at the minute im useing my main lappy as a desktop replacement but hopefully in the next couple of months I'll get that sorted.

Happy to share my mappings!
    I plan to maybe add a few super combos? There already is a super combo built in to Ramp buttons that activates the freeze effect when you hold down all four buttons in the row. other two effect rows should also have a button combination to insert more effects.
    Please post your suggestions for the new features. Definitely gonna try to sync modifiers so both mappings can be fully utilized
    I read what you wrote in Tekken's Ultimate FX - Mapped for Midi Fighter 3D [Beta Testing Thread]
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=85351&page=4

Noted for MF3D.
    I think that I'm going to delete all deck page mappings and make this purely an effects controller with more FX pages.
    I said earlier I have no experience on how to achieve this & therefore no idea how difficult it might be but would it be possible to incorporate what you're planning for that new map with the Twister & Sequencer mapping? or is that something which needs to be done separately due to the complexity?

Hi Phil,
    This two mappings will probably get merged in to one TSI. Will keep you posted about the progress made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast