RECORDING - DJM 2000 to computer (audacity) sound issues
    Tech Student

Default RECORDING - DJM 2000 to computer (audacity) sound issues

Hi Guys,

new to this forum so not sure if this has been brought up.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea to get the best sound while recording mixes. I have a djm 2000 with the latest drivers and firmware and xdj1000's. I don't use serato or traktor, only rekordbox to select tracks.

SHOULD I BE USING A AUDIO INTERFACE TO GET THE BEST SOUND WHILE RECORDING MIXES?

old set-up; wasn't sounding great was;

connected mixer, from rear, record out (via 2 x rca to audio adaptor) plugged straight into my sound card - blue socket.
    configured mixer settings to -5db and 48hz.
    configured audacity by choosing; mme, line in (for record options) and chose 2 channel, 16 bit, 48hz.

current set-up; sounds a bit better and not as distorted; (waveform in audacity only half way up along the bar)

connected mixer via usb aout to usb it to computer.
    installed latest djm 2000 drivers from nov 15. enabled asio 3 channel 1 in 1 out input in driver settings. this allows you to choose the djm driver option in audacity for recording.
    configured mixer settings to -5db and 48hz
    configured audacity as above. have also configured the driver so it matches audacity.

I've tried different settings like 44hz and 98 hz on mixer, made no difference.

hope i havent confussed anyone. any advice greatly appreciated.

The second option seems to be the preferred choice. Post a short recording, then we can tell you is it as good as it gets
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2