Recording mixes with XDJ-1000s
    Tech Convert

Default Recording mixes with XDJ-1000s

I just picked up some XDJ-1000s alongside a DJM-900NXS2 - I'd like to record the work I put in on these guys, do I have any options available to me besides the DJ-Tech DJ Rec? Been doing some research and that's all I've found.

Just curious what else is out there, if anything.

Might be not completely up to date, but I can't imagine it's too different with the Nexus 2. All you need is a USB cable (you could buy a Chroma Cable from the DJTT store ) and there's no need to buy an audio interface to record from the mixer.

I just bought myself a Tascam dr-05. Connect it on the output of your mixer and it's working. Pretty good sound quality too!

Quote Originally Posted by Danilo91 View Post
    I just bought myself a Tascam dr-05. Connect it on the output of your mixer and it's working. Pretty good sound quality too!
    Yeah the portable audio recorders are a great thing to have, a friend of mine used to carry one around with him and record all his sets. Of course the same result can be achieved via your laptop but if you play out at gigs regularly the zoom is easy to set up, doesn't add extra processes running on your laptop while playing live and should be a bit more robust than the DJ-Tech device.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Danilo91 View Post
    Do you have to rely on battery power while recording with it or can you plug it in?