Denon DN-SC2000 Crashing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Denon DN-SC2000 Crashing

Hey guys,

I have been hoping to get rid of these things for a while now and replace them both with two X1s. Currently I've got a single X1 and last night set up one of my SC2000s using the mapping here https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4683

I set the controller to channels 3&4 and was using it to control deck C (ensuring the in and out port for the map is using the SC2000 rather than all ports. I still get the issue where the controller crashes when I use the auto loop button... I know this is a fairly common problem and was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for it?

When the controller crashes I just have to unplug it and plug it back in again, Traktor stay running as normal and track playback isn't interrupted.

I have the latest firmware on the SC2000, I'm running a macbook pro with El Capitan, Traktor 2.7.1 and a powered USB hub.

It's not the end of the world if I can't fix it as these things will be retired in a month or so when I get my second X1.

Just hoping someone out there has something I can try to fix this issue.

Thanks
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

What do you mean: "crashes"?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

The controller stops responding, the LEDs don't change and pressing the buttons doesn't do anything, If I unplug it and plug it in again it lets me turn off the loop and then it works as normal... until I use the loop button again.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    The controller stops responding, the LEDs don't change and pressing the buttons doesn't do anything, If I unplug it and plug it in again it lets me turn off the loop and then it works as normal... until I use the loop button again.
    First time I hear about that problem. Ever.
    Are you sure it's not a mapping problem? Tried any other mappings? Are you sure you have the last firmware (1.25)?
    When it freezes, have you tried going into Controller manager and re-selecting the in/out ports? Does that have the same effect as unplugging the controller?

Try using some midi monitoring program (midi-ox) then try to make it freeze again. When it does, monitor if it outputs midi data - if it does then you'll know if it's the controller or the Traktor.

I am fairly sure it isn't a mapping problem as I have tried other mappings and still get the same issue. Googling the problem did show others having the same issue and posting on the Denon and NI forums these posts were all years ago but none seemed to have a solution.

I haven't tried looking at controller manager and haven't used midi-ox before. I will test both of those and come back with the results.

Thanks

Googling the problem did show others having the same issue and posting on the Denon and NI forums these posts were all years ago but none seemed to have a solution.
    Thanks
    That's because freezing problems (mostly with VDJ) have been solved with the 1.25 firmware back in...2011? 2012? People don't bother closing the threads.
    Anyway...if midi-ox shows the controller sending midi data after the freeze occurs then it's something other than the controller (USB ports settings, powered USB hub). NI controllers use native NHL instead of plain MIDI protocol so they are less prone to such problems with Traktor (less data sent/recived via USB), especially when in combo with timecode (Pioneer and Denon mixers with DVS when used with non-NI controllers).

Anyway, SC-2000 is a discontinued product, using it with the latest versions of Traktor and OSX is a risk.

Hi,

I looked at midi-ox but it seems to be a windows app only, I did find midipipe which seems to be similar for OSX but couldn't find a download for it.

I did however try changing the in and out ports but it had no effect. I realise they are now old controllers which have been discontinued and I plan to get rid of them both soon, I was hoping I could get this issue sorted in the mean time... It's not the end of the world if I can't fix it.

Nice one, i'll give that a try either tonight or over the weekend.

I know this is only an assumption but I am expecting to not see any midi data being sent to the laptop when the controller is in it's crashed state. If I am right it would indicate a controller hardware or firmware issue wouldn't it?

Nice one, i'll give that a try either tonight or over the weekend.

I know this is only an assumption but I am expecting to not see any midi data being sent to the laptop when the controller is in it's crashed state. If I am right it would indicate a controller hardware or firmware issue wouldn't it?
    Yes.
    Also, have you tried freezing it without the USB hub?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast