Pimp My Hiduino - Compile your own version of HIDUINO to name your Arduino controller

Default Pimp My Hiduino - Compile your own version of HIDUINO to name your Arduino controller

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share a little web tool we developed in Yaeltex, a small MIDI hardware company from Buenos Aires.

Pimp my HIDUINO it's a simple tool. HIDUINO it's a great firmware that lets you program the communication micro-controller of your Arduino to make it speak as a real plug-and-play MIDI USB controller, no intermediates needed. One limitation we've found while making Arduino MIDI controllers was that all of them were called "Hiduino" when we plugged them into our computers. The good thing is that Hiduino it's an open-source project, and we've found our way to re-compile the firmware with different Device and Manufacturer names.

In our mission to bring more people into Arduino MIDI controller making, we've developed an automatic web tool that makes the job much easier. Just type the Device and Manufacturer names for your controller, select your Arduino model and click on "Compile!". An .hex file will download, and that file is the one you'll need when flashing the communication micro of your Arduino.

>>> www.pimpmyhiduino.yaeltex.com <<<

If you want ti flash HIDUINO you can follow this steps by it's creator, Dimitri Diakopoulos.
    https://github.com/ddiakopoulos/hidu...via-DFU-Method

Hope it helps
    MYTX

YAELTEX unusual media
    www.yaeltex.com.ar

Quote Originally Posted by Mytx View Post
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to share a little web tool we developed in Yaeltex, a small MIDI hardware company from Buenos Aires.

Pimp my HIDUINO it's a simple tool. HIDUINO it's a great firmware that lets you program the communication micro-controller of your Arduino to make it speak as a real plug-and-play MIDI USB controller, no intermediates needed. One limitation we've found while making Arduino MIDI controllers was that all of them were called "Hiduino" when we plugged them into our computers. The good thing is that Hiduino it's an open-source project, and we've found our way to re-compile the firmware with different Device and Manufacturer names.

In our mission to bring more people into Arduino MIDI controller making, we've developed an automatic web tool that makes the job much easier. Just type the Device and Manufacturer names for your controller, select your Arduino model and click on "Compile!". An .hex file will download, and that file is the one you'll need when flashing the communication micro of your Arduino.

>>> www.pimpmyhiduino.yaeltex.com <<<

If you want ti flash HIDUINO you can follow this steps by it's creator, Dimitri Diakopoulos.
    https://github.com/ddiakopoulos/hidu...via-DFU-Method

Hope it helps
    Nice work guys!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

could this be used to create a usb midi host device? I'm trying to work out a way to interface my usb op-1 with my midi keyboard without having to use a pc/laptop.

Quick update:

We are now using MOCO LUFA firmware to make Arduino UNO based MIDI controllers, mainly because this firmware has dual boot mode (you can boot in both serial USB or MIDI USB).

As we changed the firmware, we also updated the webapp for compiling it with different device and manufacturer names:

https://moco-lufa-web-client.herokuapp.com/#/

hope it helps, cheers!
    MYTX

YAELTEX unusual media
    www.yaeltex.com.ar

I dig it. I'll be diggin in to the details in a little bit. Currently been hand scripting everything (since arduinos are worlds cheaper than midi brains from companies like Livid).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I dig it. I'll be diggin in to the details in a little bit. Currently been hand scripting everything (since arduinos are worlds cheaper than midi brains from companies like Livid).
    A teensy is also a very good option.

And props for the update guys!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I use 2 teensys for converting 2 CDJ800 to midi controllers. they work great and you can change each teensys name too.
    Congrats on this work too