Kontrol D2 use case with regular tracks. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    @Goodbytes. Are you in the U.K?

This isn't really a "for sale" post, but i have pair of Denon SC2000's with CaseLogic cases that i may consider selling. I'm not really using them, so could be tempted to let them go.

Mods - let me know if this isn't allowed.
    Yes I am.. how much are you looking for?

Tech Mentor

Not totally sure. Let me try & get an idea of current prices then i'll message you.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Mentor

Not totally sure. Let me try & get an idea of current prices then i'll message you.
    Cool thanks mate.

Tech Mentor

Any update mate? let me know either way.. looking to start buying stuff over next few days.

I've got two D2s now and I find that they've rendered my X1 Mk2 redundant in its standard form, apart from a custom remapping to control decks C and D of my Z2 mixer (gain, high, mid and low for each of the FX sections in conjunction with the Z2 volume knobs for C and D) when I decide to dabble with 4 deck mixing. I've pretty much minimized those decks on the laptop screen and just use Traktor on the laptop as a library management tool. Being able to quickly toggle between hot cue banks, looping and freeze mode is also a bonus as well.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    I've got two D2s now and I find that they've rendered my X1 Mk2 redundant in its standard form, apart from a custom remapping to control decks C and D of my Z2 mixer (gain, high, mid and low for each of the FX sections in conjunction with the Z2 volume knobs for C and D) when I decide to dabble with 4 deck mixing. I've pretty much minimized those decks on the laptop screen and just use Traktor on the laptop as a library management tool. Being able to quickly toggle between hot cue banks, looping and freeze mode is also a bonus as well.
    Love the sound of this..

I still haven't purchased anything as I can't decide, i'm looking to make a move by the end of the way. Definitely want to try Traktor on screens, but also love the jog wheel. Damn you NI.

I feel like i'm going to end up with 2xD2s, 2xSC2000s and a mixer... This whole exercise was to downsize

I picked up a pair of d2's over the weekend, I have been using traktor for about a year but have not had any native control over it until now, I was using an APC40 with a custom mapping it worked well enough but it felt like I was just pushing buttons with no connection to the music at all. In regard to the d2's I have to say im impressed, it has brought me a lot closer to the music than the APC ever did. The units are very well built and are very intuitive to use. The one thing I did pick up on through reviews and word of mouth is that the workflow is not for everyone, for me personally I have control over everything I need to and then some, and they do suit my workflow. It took me a while to get my head around gridding tracks with them - its no deal breaker for me as I prefer to beatmatch manually (I never used the x1's but the touch strip does the job well) but I like to have things gridded properly for looping etc. The browser needs some tweaking, the info you can see on your collection is quite limited, you cant see comments or Camelot keys so every now and then i'm going back to the laptop screen, but still not nearly as much as before. I had been toying with the idea of getting a pair for about 6 months but it was the price drop that sealed it, I have busted a gut on overtime this month so I had some cash to play around with, worse case scenario if I find further down the line I don't like them I can sell them for more than I paid. When I was buying them the guy scanned them then started messing with the till, eventually he excused himself and brought the manager down as they were not showing the correct price, the manager put him right and he couldn't believe the discount on them I ended up walking out of there with 2 for £438, a bargain in my eyes.

I just picked up one D2; I don't really have the space or money for 2 (and even the one seems huge to me). Will be toying around with it in the coming weeks; my goal is to replace the X1 in my setup with this and bring it to gigs alongside my VCI-100 primarily to use the remix decks. So far it looks like you can switch between A/B or C/D with it if you need to, but I'm not sure this would be so useful as a primary controller if there's just one.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

I've finally purchased a pair, managed to get them for £340, absolute bargain!!! I'll hold on to them for a few months and if I can't fit them into my work flow I should make a decent profit on them.

i use s8 with 2 d2s and 2 f1s. i love my workflow and they are great pieces of hardware

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast