Delay and reverb plugins - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you don't mind 32 bit, there's a cheap Roland Space Echo emulation called GS 201 that does a great job, but it doesn't sync with tempo, which can give you cool Dub effects as you increase the rate.

PSP Delays sound great, I have also found myself using the reverberate cm convolution reverb recently (free with computer music mag). Reverberate is a little ugly looking but it sound great for hats and claps on a return channel

Tech Wizard

Convolution Reverb Pro.

Basically when I need just a simple digital delay am using Live's stock delay becase it's very CPU friendly.
    Love Manny Marroquin Delay.
    Speaking of reverbs my go to are Valahalla's room and vintage reverb plugins allowing me to shape space easily and just in few clicks.
    Last edited by EKmixmaster; 03-29-2017 at 02:23 AM.

I use the Native Instruments RC48 a lot for the reverbs, especially the long ones. For the short ones I am a big fan the Waves Rverb. It is included in the really old Rennaisance bundle but sounds great on drums. Had it sitting around, thinking it was old, for many years but as soon as I really tried it, I loved it.

For delays I use Native Instruments Replika, and often the Ableton Simple Delay.

I am looking to hook up some hardware effects, like my Digitech Timebender and TC Electronics Trinity very soon however.

TAL-Reverb 2 and TAL-Reverb 4 are freebies. I like 2's simplicity.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

convolution pro reverb max for life plug in, so versatile
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

I tend to stick with the built in plugins for delay and use Valhalla room for Reverb. I don't find the built in reverb to be that particularly user friendly as far as the UI. I also use Valhalla Ubermod which has delay and modulation for crazy effects.

Delays:
    * SoundTous EchoBoy
    * D16 Group Tekturon
    * D16 Group Repeater
    * D16 Group Sigmund
    * AudioThing Outer Space (Roland RE201 copy)

Reverbs:
    * AudioEase Altiverb 7
    * Valhalla VintageVerb
    * FabFilter Pro-R

But the reverb list could go on and on as there's tens, if not hundreds of excellent verbs out there!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Convert

Default valhalla for life!

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Does anybody have any favourites? I haven't used any delay other than Live's built in options because they seem to do a good job. Are there any must have plugins out there? Also use a free TAL reverb plugin sometimes but want to see if anyone has any other favourites.
    Valhalla and Soundtoys will do you good!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast