How to stay updated with music
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default How to stay updated with music

Hello there! I am just wondering how do you guys stay in touch with your music ? I always want to know what's new but I can't do it even If I look on beatport and stuff.... so does anyone know a good a site or something on how to stay updated ?

I buy what i like to be honest, that's it generally from assorted websites and pick those tunes that really strike a chord nothing more.

Hypem is pure gold for staying up to date with your favorite dj:s and producers <3

Also one of the bigger music trackers is pretty good, what.cd and waffles.fw

Then if you find anything new you like just head over to beatport or something similiar and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by drag0s View Post
    Hello there! I am just wondering how do you guys stay in touch with your music ? I always want to know what's new but I can't do it even If I look on beatport and stuff.... so does anyone know a good a site or something on how to stay updated ?
    what do you mean by updated? like what is out that is new? If so just check "new releases" on beatport. Its fairly simple to sort that way, just click "new releases"... if you need to just go to a specific genre and sort "new releases" in there... forgive me if i am not understanding your question correctly.

Personally i haven't bought music in over 2 years. I am fortunate enough to be bombarded with demos and promos... but that can be a curse in itself...

I used to use the blog "Ohh! Crapp" as it was updated every other day with lots of free artist submitted remix' and electro tunes, but ether it was shut down, or they have moved permanently onto Facebook, which is a pain to download their tracks.

As I'm not a professional (have my hands full with school and my actual job), I try to stay away from buying tunes unless I really have to, which limits my crates. I do produce my own stuff, but as a lot of my Funk music is stuck on records, I don't use Ableton or Traktor as much as I used too =(
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

Tech Guru

social networking sites where i can follow musicians i like as well as request newsletters/mailing list from them, and also the blogosphere is essential tool for keeping up to date with whats new and interesting.

beatport is just a store, i wouldn't rely on that solely for news because that's not what it's really about at all. you go there when you know what you want to buy, but to know what you want you need a news source like blogs,mailing lists and social networking sites.

Hypem
    Late night radio shows (uk)
    Friends
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

A lot of the trance/prog labels i like have regular updates on facebook, which saves a lot of fluffing around looking for the latest comps.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

Look into what labels your favorite artest are on, when you start seeing a few lables pop up a bunch of times, look in to them, discover more artest on them since they apparently employ a style you like. favor their website for release updates, etc. a lot of artest themselves have mailing lists. find current blogs whos' publishers listen to similar music (&have good taste). hypem.com usually has the diamond in the rough, particularly for electro listeners/bangers. or do it the old fashion way & dig around the top 8's of artest myspace pages you like... haha

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    beatport is just a store, i wouldn't rely on that solely for news because that's not what it's really about at all.
    well he said he wants to know what's new, not what "dj so & so" thinks is hot or whatnot... so beatport is good to listen to new music, like in the olden ays when we had to walk into a record store and shuffle through hundreds of records to find one gem...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast