Spring cleaning turntables

Default Spring cleaning turntables

So I have been giving my technics a good spring clean, they are kept a well used room in my house and as a result collect a lot of dust, I have removed the platter give it a good scrub, dusted off the top of the turntables and all the nooks, I have even cleaned out the tone arm cartridge connection (its amazing how dirty it gets in there) but one things I haven't done yet is the tone arm adjustment, I looked up some vids on youtube about taking it apart and cleaning it but it seems a little tricky and I have read that some people have had problems with the bearings afterwards, has anyone got any advice on how to clean these awkward parts of the turntable, they are all jagged edges and little nooks that are awkward to reach, I was thinking of going with a can of compressed air to blast some of the dirt and grime away. Has anyone attempted this successfully without taking the assembly apart?

Tech Mentor

I use a soft paint brush to get in all the nooks and crannies.

I wouldn't recommend trying to access the bearings either tbh, unless it feels like it needs opening up (stiff or grindy) as it's difficult to reassemble with the right tension again.

As daft as it sounds I hadn't even thought of using a soft brush, seems I'm having abit of a brain fart this week, cheers for the advice Hippie