Just a small Office setup...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Just a small Office setup...

Hi there,

saw a couple of great setup ... and just wanted to share a piece of my mixing story

so started out with a Numark cdmix 1 that i had to rent (was too poor to buy)
    109159.jpg

then had a good deal on a cdn-88 also numark and an alto amx140fx mixer in rough shape
    20100913153008.jpg70525_1359258530.jpg

then discovered atomix... and the beginning of pc mixing but was poor so used demos of software... a lot...

then found my first controller a bcd3000...
    vga_P8300644.JPG
    wich had awfull latency issues... but it made me discover a wonderful tool : traktor!

after that i stumbled on a final scratch open sound card to try to solve latency issues with the bcd3000...
    stanton-magnetics-final-scratch-open-125177.jpg

kept that set up a long time ... couldn't afford anything else...

then by luck a friend on my fb feed was selling an almost brand new traktor s4mk1... it just got out at that time ... but the guy wanted to sell it to buy himself a car.... so got it for i think 650can in february of 2011

short time after that got a luck on sl1200's... so i bought that too..
    IMG_20130323_184425.jpg

kept playing with the s4 for a long time.... but then in late got another luck: a denon dn-x1600 but i was starting to have no more space for all these things... so.. built myself a djtt ikea booth:
    IMG_20140306_203917.jpg

A couple weeks ago I walk in my favorite dj store only to meet my little cousin (he's 13) running arround like crazy. He wanted to buy himself a controller but lacked the budget... so i told him i'd try to look for a used set online for him... a week of online shopping later i found a lot... but i also found myself drooling over a new setup for myself...

... soooo ... I sold him my s4 and told myself id wait for a deal on some new decks and buy myself a set...

then a friend of mine gave me a zomo mc-1000... wich i must say was quite surprised of the build quality : quite impressive.

and last week out of the blue... I sent a guy that was selling some dj gear and he told me he had a pair of dn-s3700 decks in good condition laying around with a price so cheap i couldnt refuse... so that's where i'm at now

12719163_567888500055135_6780060873731234452_o.jpg

btw i still have my 1200's they're just in storage until i can finish my little home office, I just moved into a house so still have a lot of boxes and a lot of clean up to do. Please forgive the untiddy office.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by the_firm; 04-12-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: pictures not showing up correctly

Quote Originally Posted by the_firm
    then a friend of mine gave me a zomo mc-1000... wich i must say was quite surprised of the build quality : quite impressive.
    Awesome, AWESOME controller. Definitely the most underrated one out there. Love mine.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Great Ikea booth also!
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Lovely set up. Maybe worth me trying the Zomo, only 90 euros.....

Tech Wizard

Yeah i just love the zomo ... at first i was like: well it may be a nice backup or a nice simple setup to use when i dont want to move the technics or the 3700's ... and after trying it... i can definately say it's one of the most underrated piece of equipement ever... 4 stereo channel soundcard + 4 deck control surface in one ...wow... and the button feel ? Well as good as a cdj.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Great Ikea booth also!
    Thanks I needed a Dj booth and my girfriend was like: that foldable table doesnt fit my designer taste ... find something else. So i took her to ikea wich she just loves ;-)

Tech Wizard

Btw i used to run the setup of a small alienware m11x.. and then this year managed to get a 2009 macbook pro 15inch for next to nothing because the screen was cracked. Managed to repair it ... and must say i love it. Its just a core 2 duo compared to my alienware's i7 but sooo much stable !

i dont like the way those techs are being stored in the pic with the x1600 and the zomo.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    i dont like the way those techs are being stored in the pic with the x1600 and the zomo.
    Don't worry the technics are safe... the TT in the top right cube is my old stanton str8-100. Went shopping one day for 1200's, found that TT almost for nothing... kept it for fun. Right now its just gathering dust... but as soon as i clean the office i'll find her a good spot.. maybe as a sampling deck ... ?

ahhh gotcha. nice lookin ikea desk btw
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast