No love for the TFP

Question No love for the TFP

I took a look in the MIDIMAPS and saw nothing for the Trigger Finger Pro. I know jack about mapping, so I don't know if there is some wall or hurdle in the way. I find it to be pleasant to use in Ableton. And looking at the controls it has to offer I think it has a lot to offer in Traktor if it can be mapped. It resembles the F1. Has buttons for loop recording. The DAW control buttons could be used for browsing the tree and tracks. Not sure if the step sequencer can be mapped. But there's 16 buttons that could be used for FX.

I've used Google and I've come up empty as well. It honestly can't just be for production and performance can it? I checked into the m-audio forums as well. They said "M-Audio has not created a Traktor Pro mapping for the Trigger Finger Pro, but that's a good idea." And then basically said to google it and if that didn't work map it yourself. The NI forums had nothing either.

So in short. Is it possible? And if so, what is the best way for me to take a crash course in mapping?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'm guessing it is possible but the Pro is just not as popular as the original Trigger Finger was back in the day. Most people will go for Maschine or a MPC/MPD as their first options.

I've noticed the lack in popularity. It's hardly had any coverage since its release. I personally went for it because it was cheap when I got it. And the step sequencer is a nice touch. I've just been focusing on Traktor more than Ableton as of late and want to put this big silver beast to use again. I guess it's time to learn something new and see if I can get this thing working the way I want.