Traktor Pro / Traktor Scratch Pro Dual Screen: Proof of concept ?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro / Traktor Scratch Pro Dual Screen: Proof of concept ?

Hey guys,

First of all i don't know if that way of doing things has been posted before or not so i hope i don't get flammed if it has been just say so and i'll take down the thread or something.

Second of all I was just toying with the principle and I know for a fact that is in no way something practical or portable(at least in my case).

Third although there's maybe a similar way of doing it on OSX that was tried with a pc running windows. But please share with me if you know something i don't. This is a work in progress... not a final anything.

and last but not least please excuse my writing mistakes: english is not my native language.

Alright so a couple years ago i was playing on gigs with traktor on an Alienware m11x (so 11inch screen) I know its freaking small but it suited my needs. problem was before that i used to mix with a 25inch screen. So way bigger. I played around with the idea of having two screens for traktor because two decks was the max i could fit on my small 11inch screen without hiding the browser altogeter.

Searched the web alot... and i mean alot. found the thread with milo's custom controler and a piece of software for cloning screens... but was not what i was looking for.

so first of all traktor on 25inch screen with full extended decks:
    full on 25 screen.jpg

First option was down for the moment .. so tried something else : a big screen but sideways ?

here's what it looks like(btw its the picture that is sideways: my screen can rotate on its mount) :
    sideways.jpg

was not bad since i like having a big browser screen and could still see all my 4 decks clearly without hiding the crowd too much.

but still wanted to try something else so kept looking.
    and then i had a eureka moment watching my friend playing a game on his pc ... with multiple monitors.

Graphics card designers have been developping some pretty awesome software to use multiple monitors as big display normally for gaming purposes... people wanting to have an immersive experience bashing zombies or piloting a plane or something.

so i decided to see if traktor would strech on more than one monitor using that technology.

I started with my desktop pc just because it has multiple display outputs and it packs a serious graphics card. here are the result :

first try one display on top of the other (1920x2160)
    on top.jpg

so it was not too bad... i could see my full extended decks x4 + part of the browser on the bottom and my second screen was all browser.

kept playing with the settings just for fun... and then i found something i liked a lot...
    both screen side to side with two decks in each screen:

side2side.jpg

I layed the screen flat on the table just to try it because one of my screen doesnt have a rotating mount but you get the point . Now the problem with that is that your browser window is split in half so... you have part of the infos on one side and part on the other side(wich i think i could just rearrange but would loose the bottom of the second screen for nothing) but i have my all the decks related things on one side and the rest on the other side so its quite awesome. i could probably change the resolution to better take advantage of those big screens (get bigger waveforms or something) but yeah... that's were i'm at right now just fooling around.

BTW the software i use is nothing fancy. just the stock drivers that came with my graphics card in my case Nvidia and the feature is called Nvidia surround. I know for sure there is the same thing for ATI and its called Eyefinity

The reason i stated its not portable is because i tried it with my desktop pc... as soon as I have time i'm going to try it with my small laptop wich has an discrete switching video card and hopefully it might work.

Anyways If you guys are interested in that set-up I'll keep you posted with any updates. If not, well i'll still keep playing with it because... well i like it
    Last edited by the_firm; 04-12-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Tech Guru

Here I am trying to completely remove a large screen and just get track browsing information on a controller.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Here I am trying to completely remove a large screen and just get track browsing information on a controller.
    Haha trust me that was just for fun at home... my real goal would be just having the waveform and infos onto seperate screen like the numark dashboard or the screeens on the cdj's but up to now ... havent found a way sooo... ill keep trying

Tech Mentor

hi,you can use tablet androide or ipad with air display

563049_10151774693329376_913668774_n.jpg
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

I would LOVE a touch screen tablet that ONLY displayed the browser.

I'd love to be able to browse and load to one of four decks using just a tablet/ipad... This would be in addition to the laptop sceen that would remain in 4-Deck mode.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

I'd love to be able to browse and load to one of four decks using just a tablet/ipad... This would be in addition to the laptop sceen that would remain in 4-Deck mode.
    +1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dj wo k View Post
    hi,you can use tablet androide or ipad with air display

563049_10151774693329376_913668774_n.jpg
    Yeah i saw that but normally the problem is latency... most programs i've tried have huge latency issues... since the thing i'm trying is basically running as a huge screen latency is basically the response time of the screen wich in my case is under 5ms... so quite good

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Yep that would be awesome... i feel the numark dashboard is what i really wanted but since its not compatible with traktor i'm trying to get something that would work kind of the same way. Or something like the xdj-1000/cdj-xxx nexus screen but standalone