Kontrol D2 & 850 CDJs as controllers on Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Kontrol D2 & 850 CDJs as controllers on Traktor

I have DJM 800 & 2 CDJ 850(connected as controllers on Traktor) I want to buy the D2 controller but i'm not sure if it's possible to connect it to traktor on deck c with this setup

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That is totally possible mate. Once you plug in the D2 your Traktor will automatically add a HID mapping and port it only to D2.

Tech Wizard

okay and i'm on External mixing mode (CDJs are the source of sound to the mixer) so how the sound of the D2 will come out on separate channel on the mixer?

Thanks

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Errefae View Post
    okay and i'm on External mixing mode (CDJs are the source of sound to the mixer) so how the sound of the D2 will come out on separate channel on the mixer?

Thanks
    If you want to mix on 3 separate channels then you need 3 separate sound sources, one for each channel on the mixer. Each CDJ contains a soundcard which gives you an output you can assign to a deck in Traktor and connect to the mixer.

The D2 does not contain a soundcard (and neither does your DJM 800). So it sounds to me like you would need a separate sound card to provide an audio output for the D2. You could then plug that into the mixer and use it as source for a 3rd channel in external mixing mode.

You could probably use an NI Audio 2 as an aggregated device, but I've never tried aggregating soundcards in Traktor and can't speak for how reliable it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Errefae View Post

Thanks
    Oh, you failed to mention that the CDJ's are also your audio interface
    Then you need a external audio interface (or a mixer with a audio interface built in like DJM-750, 850, 900, X1600/1700, DB2 or DB4). Since you don't use timecode, it doesn't necessarily need to be Traktor certified, it just needs to have a min of 3 stereo outputs.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Oh, you failed to mention that the CDJ's are also your audio interface
    Then you need a external audio interface (or a mixer with a audio interface built in like DJM-750, 850, 900, X1600/1700, DB2 or DB4). Since you don't use timecode, it doesn't necessarily need to be Traktor certified, it just needs to have a min of 3 stereo outputs.
    I have the Komplete audio 6. so i have 2 options now:
    1st to connect the CDJs assigned to Deck A & C and also audio interface and the D2 assigned to Deck B with the Komplete audio 6 as audio interface for the D2.
    2nd to Connect the CDJs assigned to Deck A & C and the D2 assigned to Deck B with the Komplete audio 6 as audio interface for all.

What is the better setup?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Damo808 View Post
    If you want to mix on 3 separate channels then you need 3 separate sound sources, one for each channel on the mixer. Each CDJ contains a soundcard which gives you an output you can assign to a deck in Traktor and connect to the mixer.

The D2 does not contain a soundcard (and neither does your DJM 800). So it sounds to me like you would need a separate sound card to provide an audio output for the D2. You could then plug that into the mixer and use it as source for a 3rd channel in external mixing mode.

You could probably use an NI Audio 2 as an aggregated device, but I've never tried aggregating soundcards in Traktor and can't speak for how reliable it is.
    Thanks alot for the advice. this is how to aggregate audio interface for Traktor: https://goo.gl/5VdmmE

but what do you think is better, to aggregate or to use the Komplete audio 6 as the only audio interface?