[Release] cmdr - Controller Manager done right - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Downloaded V6. Drag and drop a TSi file worked. Marked over 200 commands and changed my #8=7 in to #8=4. Saved and imported back to 2.10.2 with all changes applied. Awesome!
    However, I can't get Ctrl+S to work. Also the 'save' is not available ether from drop menu. Any ideas on why the option is grayed out like that?

Tech Wizard

Usually, it's grayed out if there is no change and thus nothing to save. So you never see an asterisk behind the title too?

Freshly loaded file vs. After changing a value:
    screenshotUnchanged.jpgscreenshotChanged.jpg
    Last edited by TakTraum; 04-26-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Tech Wizard

I'm in the middle of reworking the way effect selector commands (in and out) are handled in cmdr. It's pretty cumbersome how Traktor handles these commands, strictly speaking those that use concrete values (In: interaction mode direct or hold, Out: controller range min and max). Instead of saving the id of a selected effect, its position in a list of pre-selected effects is saved (see Traktor preferences->Effects).
    Such a list is not only saved in the 'Traktor Settings.tsi' file but also in mapping files that use effects. This is one reason why many tsi files must be imported with the big import button. The main drawback of this approach is that it gets very complicated if you have a setup where several controllers are supposed to control effects, because their corresponding mapping files may overwrite each other's effect list.

I cannot influence the way Traktor handles effect selector commands, but I want to simplify working with them anyway. So in order to do so I plan to:
    • Allow users to customize the effect list from Traktor settings in cmdr
    • Allow users to consolidate effect lists of mapping files with their effect list from Traktor settings
    • Only save effects in the effect list of [STRIKE]newly created[/STRIKE] Non-"Traktor Settings.tsi" mapping files that are actually used by these files (which also minimizes the effort of consolidation)

Before implementing these features, I have two questions:
    • Do you have any concerns about this approach?
    • Does anyone use the effect selector out command with a controller range length other than 0 (single effect) or 43 (all effects)?
    Last edited by TakTraum; 04-28-2016 at 01:46 AM.

Tech Wizard

Default New version v0.7

• cmdr is now the first tool that enables you to copy and paste mappings directly from and to your Traktor Settings
    • Completely reworked the handling of effect selector commands and their related TSI files, even those that do not specify an effect list/snapshots
    • Added status bar, indicating long running activities. Long running activities made asynchronous
    • Preparation for creating new TSI files for proprietary devices
    • Changed application settings and added explanations
    • New (partly undocumented) commands
    • New conditions
    • Encoder control now initialized with Interaction Mode Relative
    • some fixes, refactoring and cosmetics
    • see Changesets for more details.
    Last edited by TakTraum; 04-29-2016 at 12:45 AM.

I haven't tried this (my set-up is in pieces at the moment) but I am SUPER excited about this tool.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Im fkn loving this.
    Great work.

Wow, thank you SO much. Your program makes Traktor mapping much less cumbersome.

Tech Wizard

Default New version v0.8

• Creation of mappings for proprietary devices including "Notes". This feature is based on the folder of default mappings (see settings). Entries of default mappings can be included. This also enables the usage of templates.
    • New mapping list control:
      Drag & drop within a list and between lists. Hold ctrl to copy.
      Stats (selected/total mappings)
      Trimmed texts have a ToolTip containing the full text
      Selection of multiple items, e.g. when pasting or moving to another list
    • Adding and pasting items at the current position (not the end of the list anymore)
    • Complete rework of conditions editor:
      New option "Selected Conditions"
      Changed handling of unknown conditions on UI
    • Changed default file name to "Untitled"
    • Menus for adding commands are sorted alphabetically (folders on top)
    • some minor fixes, refactoring and cosmetics
    • see Changesets for more details.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi TakTraum,

First of all thanks for the new updates! I have a question in regards to command menus - currently we have all groups sorted out in alphabetical order. In my opinion it would be better if cmdr menu would look just like in Controller Manager in Traktor because people are already used to one patern for a long time. I found myself having to learn and memorize new positions for many commands which wouldn't be an issue if cmdr was already built in to Traktor

My backup DJ lappy is not very powerful, and uses Traktor 2.3.
    My main one is pretty good, and uses 2.8, I've had issues where if I update mapping on my devices that I can't import them to the backup machine, (pre 2.5).
    Does this prog differentiate between versions of Traktor? Or would this prog make it possible to integrate my new maps into my older version!?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast