Need help setting up my...setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help setting up my...setup

SO here's the deal: I'm Buying a Vestax VCI-100 Controller very soon and i want to know if i will be able to work out all my connecting issues now.

So. I will be using a built in soundcard (Will upgrade after some time when funds becomes available) and i want my output to be my Computer speakers at this time. BUT! Here's my question: I only have ONE output (Green) 1/8 inch jack on my PC which is designated for my speakers. What do i need to buy to be able to use a set of headphones to cue up and preview my other channel? (Ex. I want my left deck to be playing through my speakers but the right deck in the headphones and vice versa) (I put a picture of a very basic USB soundcard, i think this will do the trick?)

I am using Traktor Pro.

(Will this \/ setup work if i tweak the audio preferences in Traktor?)

Thanks alot, any help is much appreciated

bump

if you use a program like asio4all you should be able to use both soundcards in the setup you illustrated.

another option if you are using a desktop is a pci soundcard which should be cheaper then the usb one and have mulitple outs.

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Guru

so, are you planning to play out with this, or is it just going to be for bedroom use.

Before I got my Mbox 2 working with my laptop (stupid, stupid drivers...), and I was still in the bedroom, I found it was perfectly all right to just set the ouputs to the monitor channel in traktor pro. That way, when you are cuing, it plays both tracks, but if you are recording within the TP, you only get the sound from the main output channel.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    if you use a program like asio4all you should be able to use both soundcards in the setup you illustrated.

another option if you are using a desktop is a pci soundcard which should be cheaper then the usb one and have mulitple outs.

good luck
    Ok, thanks! I have an asio driver installed already so i hope all will be ok. Worst comes to worst i can buy a Pci soundcard and it should work?

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    so, are you planning to play out with this, or is it just going to be for bedroom use.

Before I got my Mbox 2 working with my laptop (stupid, stupid drivers...), and I was still in the bedroom, I found it was perfectly all right to just set the ouputs to the monitor channel in traktor pro. That way, when you are cuing, it plays both tracks, but if you are recording within the TP, you only get the sound from the main output channel.
    Right now, bedroom. I'm getting a great deal on a VCI so i figured it would be a good time to finally start to get into it. (vci-100 for $250.00CA )

Tech Guru

damn man, that is a wonderful deal. Picked mine up for 300 US and counted myself lucky.

I would def pick up at least the audio 2 dj, after playing with the vci for a while. that is, if the vci is the way you want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    damn man, that is a wonderful deal. Picked mine up for 300 US and counted myself lucky.

I would def pick up at least the audio 2 dj, after playing with the vci for a while. that is, if the vci is the way you want to go.
    I originally wanted to go vinyl but it is so friggin expensive.. A decent setup is close to $600min - $1000+ PLUS the actual vinyl! And if i did timecode, it would be even more expensive.

SO at this point the VCI will be the way to go until i find out if i will be sticking to DJ'ing and music production. (been producing music for a year or so)

But yea, i was looking at the audio2. Why would i buy that though? What does it allow me to do that a generic sound card wouldn't (Uber noob here, bear with me)

Tech Guru

1 stereo out for speakers, 1 stereo out for headphones. soooo, basically what you want to do, without crappy work arounds. Plus, sound quality is suppossedly around the same as the audio 8.

Tech Convert

I was running a similar setup where I used just my multi-channel onboard audio with asio4all and it was alright. So if that works for you then go with it.

I suppose what the Audio 2 DJ has over generic cards is portability (which is great since I'm not tied into having to always use my desktop), lower latency, sound quality and higher output levels (I think the more technical people here would be able to clarify). I'm happy with my Audio 2 DJ.
    gear: Pioneer DDJ-SR | HP DV6 | Serato DJ | Traktor Pro 2

Yes get the audio 2 mate. Small, relatively cheap and awesome sound.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast