Traktor filter adjust encoder - knob relative mode
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor filter adjust encoder - knob relative mode

Sup boys

I'm trying to improve my filter adjust; I'm willing to use it with an encoder rather than a knob -- I'm using a Livid CNTRLR

I've been tweaking the values, I got close to something I like but unfortunately I have to use it as "invert mode"

Here are my values:

fader/knob>relative> 82% sensivity>1% acceleration // INVERT ticked

I was wondering if any of you got something better, mapped without the invert

Cheers

PS: I'm considering changing my encoders for a knob that you can "click/engage" the same way an encoder does, any idea where I might find thoses if they exist?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If you set the Encoder in the absolute mode (0-127) you can still use Fader-Direct mode for your filters

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    If you set the Encoder in the absolute mode (0-127) you can still use Fader-Direct mode for your filters
    I mean it's pretty gross isn't it? I'm after precision; a 1-2% step maximum. Right now it's jumping sth like 7+%...

/e maybe I misunderstood ur post

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. If you're using CNTRL:R you can open Livid's Editor software to check what encoder mode you have had currently set... If those are set to Relative just switch them back to Absolute.

(I don't have my CNTRL:R here to post you an editor screen shot with the encoder settings)

Traktor mapping will then recognize Encoders as you're using a standard slider or rotary knobs.

Hope this helps a bit more.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough. If you're using CNTRL:R you can open Livid's Editor software to check what encoder mode you have had currently set... If those are set to Relative just switch them back to Absolute.

(I don't have my CNTRL:R here to post you an editor screen shot with the encoder settings)

Traktor mapping will then recognize Encoders as you're using a standard slider or rotary knobs.

Hope this helps a bit more.
    Hi Stewe thanks for the clarification

I got the encoders in absolute mode already. I'm currently using them as knobs but the precision is pretty lame in direct mode, this is why I using the relative mode in the controller manager. But still it's not perfect...