Using XDJs with Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Using XDJs with Traktor

I've got two XDJ-1000s and a DJM900nxs2 connected to my laptop with traktor

I can play music just fine but for some reason they are both going through the same channel on my DJM - I'd like deck A to be on one channel and deck b to be on another channel.

What am I missing here? I have a feeling it's something simple and i'm just missing it

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Thanks, but that did not resolve my issue. All the audio still pumps through one channel on my DJM

Post (big!) screenshots of your Traktor Preferences (audio, input routing, output routing).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

You probably have Traktor set to Internal mixing mode and not External. Change to External, the set the outputs for each deck.

Tech Convert

So I tried putting it on external and I got the same result. Here's what I have currently

image2.JPGimage3.JPGimage1.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nflynn; 04-28-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Tech Guru

READ THE MANUAL.

Follow the quickstart guide for HID in TRaktor. This is literally all in the manual. The quickstart guide for Traktor shows you how to connect things. There are hundreds of youtube videos of setting up both HID and standard CDJ setups.

I dont understand how people are so helpless, when they are literally drowning in easily accesible answers.

You havent even explained which of the 3 or 4 possible setups possible with that gear you are going for.

If you want to be a DJ youll have to make some effort at some point.

You couldnt even be bothered rotating your screen shots so they could be read easily.

Tech Convert

I fixed my pictures, sorry about that.

I have my XDJs connect to separate channels on my DJM - I get them to connect to traktor just fine. Music plays fine, just all comes out on the one channel. I've been researching with no luck.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nflynn View Post
    I fixed my pictures, sorry about that.

I have my XDJs connect to separate channels on my DJM - I get them to connect to traktor just fine. Music plays fine, just all comes out on the one channel. I've been researching with no luck.
    Again, you havent specified what your setup is.

HID control? Aggregate soundcards? Analog audio from CDJs to mixer?

Take the time to explain your setup, and what you are trying to achieve and someone might take the time to offer helpful advice.

It just sounds like you have both XDJs set to HID control the same deck.

Dont do 'research' whatever that means. Follow this guide step by step and report back.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...traktor-pro-2/

Do you want the CDJs to act as the soundcard, or do you want the mixer to act as the soundcard?

Youve bought thousands and thousands of dollars of gear, and you expect other people to teach you how to set them up?

Tech Convert

I have my XDJs connected to my DJM on two separate channels using RCAs that came with them. I'm trying to achieve having my XDJs on two separate channels on the DJM while being connected to traktor in HID mode.

I have the XDJs connected to traktor via USB, XDJ 1 is deck a and XDJ 2 is deck b - getting traktor to recognize the XDJs is not a problem. They pump all the sound through one channel on the DJM.

I followed that guide to the letter and it's still pumping through one channel on my DJM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast