Denon MC3000 - problem with volume fader/pitch
    Tech Student

Default Denon MC3000 - problem with volume fader/pitch

Hi everyone, this is my 1st thread. I need some help.

I started experiencing this problem with my MC3000 some time ago. Now, my friend's MC3000 has the same problem...

The issue on both controllers is with the left hand (channel 1) volume fader which stopped working. It doesn't respond in Traktor and Virtual DJ. Also, the pitch fader now controls the volume on that channel and in my case it's the right hand side pitch fader that controls the volume on channel 1 and in my friend's case it's the left hand side pitch fader that controls the volume on channel 1. This is weird...

I have the latest firmware installed, I also downloaded the mapping file for Traktor from Denon website.

Any ideas how to fix this and why is it happening on both controllers? Is it some kind of common problem with these controllers or what?

Thanks
    Rob

Try installing a midi monitoring app like midi-ox to see what midi messages are (not) being sent. Volume faders usually don't stop working suddenly, they tend to go bad over time. If it doesn't work in either Traktor and Virtual DJ it does indicate a hardware failure but the pitch fader suddenly acting like a volume fader indicates a "simple" mapping problem (does it do that in Virtual DJ also?).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Default Omg!

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Try installing a midi monitoring app like midi-ox to see what midi messages are (not) being sent. Volume faders usually don't stop working suddenly, they tend to go bad over time. If it doesn't work in either Traktor and Virtual DJ it does indicate a hardware failure but the pitch fader suddenly acting like a volume fader indicates a "simple" mapping problem (does it do that in Virtual DJ also?).
    OMG you would not belive but i have Exactly the same problem. also on a left part....at first i must say thay there was a flood in my appartment. So part of the equipment was under water, so i was blaming it. But when i googled it....dam...how do i fix it?? The problem appeared in the middle of my gig...was very stressed to figure out how to play further.)))