Kontrol F1 LED Mapping User Mode Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Kontrol F1 LED Mapping User Mode Issue

Hi guys,

I'm using the F1 in the User mode to do a custom mapping. I understand that the possibilities are wider if I use the MIDI mode but for some reason the MIDI mode isn't working on my laptop & have spent enough time trying to resolve it, don't wanna waste more time on it.

Here's what i'm doing. I have mapped Pads 9, 10, 11, 12 as a 4 button Ramp Delay/Rattle snake effect (Dubfire Style) on HOLD mode for 4 different values. Unfortunately the only possible output command I can map these pads are for UNIT ON, so when I map all the 4 pads to do this, its obvious all the 4 pads will light up regardless of which pad I press, whereas I want only the pad I press to light up. I tried achieving this using modifier's but unable to do so. Here's a screenshot of the commands, Help out please.

http://i64.tinypic.com/14tsos6.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zqydt1.jpg

Sorry I had to post these links, the photo uploader wasn't working.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

As for the first part of your post, ensure to enable the "Midi Mode" in traktor preferences.

Modifier should be a good work around to track LED outputs of each button - trick is to set different controller range values for each LED.

Button 1 / M=1 / Controller Range: min=1 Max=1
    Button 2 / M=2 / Controller Range: min=2 Max=2
    Button 3 / M=3 / Controller Range: min=3 Max=3
    Button 4 / M=4 / Controller Range: min=4 Max=4

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    As for the first part of your post, ensure to enable the "Midi Mode" in traktor preferences.

Modifier should be a good work around to track LED outputs of each button - trick is to set different controller range values for each LED.

Button 1 / M=1 / Controller Range: min=1 Max=1
    Button 2 / M=2 / Controller Range: min=2 Max=2
    Button 3 / M=3 / Controller Range: min=3 Max=3
    Button 4 / M=4 / Controller Range: min=4 Max=4
    The problem is that MIDI mode is not working on my laptop.. Traktor doesn't recognize F1 when on MIDI mode, Hence i'm having to do with USER mode. As I mentioned I've wasted months of exchanging emails with NI to resolve this but there seems to be some unidentifiable issue because the controller works fine in MIDI mode on other computers. Will this work in the USER Mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by lothar View Post
    The problem is that MIDI mode is not working on my laptop.. Traktor doesn't recognize F1 when on MIDI mode, Hence i'm having to do with USER mode. As I mentioned I've wasted months of exchanging emails with NI to resolve this but there seems to be some unidentifiable issue because the controller works fine in MIDI mode on other computers. Will this work in the USER Mode ?
    Sorry to hear bro!
    Yes this exact settings will work in the User Mode as well.

Tech Wizard

Sorry to hear bro!
    Yes this exact settings will work in the User Mode as well.
    Thanks for the reply man. Correct me if I'm wrong, I need to add these controller range values in all the Modifier outputs for the respective Pad ?

I'm also a little confused with the modifier conditions you've mentioned. I tried putting some of this together, I seem to have done something wrong. Could you be a lil more clear on what should I exactly do ?
    Last edited by lothar; 05-02-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks for the reply man. Correct me if I'm wrong, I need to add these controller range values in all the Modifier outputs for the respective Pad ?

I'm also a little confused with the modifier conditions you've mentioned. I tried putting some of this together, I seem to have done something wrong. Could you be a lil more clear on what should I exactly do ?
    All you need is one output command for each button that is already assigned with the modifier and it's value. At the end you will have four input commands and four output commands:

Input:

M1=1 / 'hold mode'
    M1=2 / 'hold mode'
    M1=3 / 'hold mode'
    M1=4 / 'hold mode'

Output:

M1 / range 1-1
    M1 / range 2-2
    M1 / range 3-3
    M1 / range 4-4

When it comes to output control in that first button's case, you want to say Traktor you are going to ignore all modifier values except for the value of 1 because that's the modifier value linked to your first Ramp button. This can be easily achieved via the controller range setting (check the "LED Options" section)

Since the modifier value of your first button is set to 1 your controller range must be assigned to identical value.

-make minimum value of 1 (so Traktor can ignore value of 0 - this will make LED to switch off each time with the effect)
    -make maximum value of 1 (so Traktor can ignore all other values higher than 1 - by doing this you will ensure to also switch the LED off even while the effect is still on)

Could you by chance upload your mapping? I have fully working Ramp Delay super buttons with a super combo built in that I can now just copy and remap in your mapping thanks to cmdr editor. I'm also interested to what other effects are you using in your mapping...

Tech Wizard

All you need is one output command for each button that is already assigned with the modifier and it's value. At the end you will have four input commands and four output commands:

Input:

M1=1 / 'hold mode'
    M1=2 / 'hold mode'
    M1=3 / 'hold mode'
    M1=4 / 'hold mode'

Output:

M1 / range 1-1
    M1 / range 2-2
    M1 / range 3-3
    M1 / range 4-4

When it comes to output control in that first button's case, you want to say Traktor you are going to ignore all modifier values except for the value of 1 because that's the modifier value linked to your first Ramp button. This can be easily achieved via the controller range setting (check the "LED Options" section)

Since the modifier value of your first button is set to 1 your controller range must be assigned to identical value.

-make minimum value of 1 (so Traktor can ignore value of 0 - this will make LED to switch off each time with the effect)
    -make maximum value of 1 (so Traktor can ignore all other values higher than 1 - by doing this you will ensure to also switch the LED off even while the effect is still on)

Could you by chance upload your mapping? I have fully working Ramp Delay super buttons with a super combo built in that I can now just copy and remap in your mapping thanks to cmdr editor. I'm also interested to what other effects are you using in your mapping...
    Hey Stewe,

I've been trying to get my head around this for the last 2-3 days & its getting a little confusing now, I'm making a silly mistake again. Guess I need to get some sleep & wake up fresh to be able to think decently. Anyways, here's the mapping, will be great if you can copy/paste the output commands so I can see where I went wrong after which I can apply the same rule for the other pads - https://www.sendspace.com/file/3u88s0

PS : Just started my mapping 2 days back so its incomplete i'm afraid, As of now there are only 2-3 effects mapped, some combos which I found on this thread.. I'm currently testing/thinking out some new combos, Will happily re-share the mapping here once its complete.

Hey Stewe,

I've been trying to get my head around this for the last 2-3 days & its getting a little confusing now, I'm making a silly mistake again. Guess I need to get some sleep & wake up fresh to be able to think decently. Anyways, here's the mapping, will be great if you can copy/paste the output commands so I can see where I went wrong after which I can apply the same rule for the other pads - https://www.sendspace.com/file/3u88s0

PS : Just started my mapping 2 days back so its incomplete i'm afraid, As of now there are only 2-3 effects mapped, some combos which I found on this thread.. I'm currently testing/thinking out some new combos, Will happily re-share the mapping here once its complete.
    Ok - I downloaded your mapping, deleted all FX Unit #3 entries and copied down the new commands from my mapping. Ramp Delay buttons are based on two-modifier setup M3 and M5.

F1 Instant FX Mapping_Stewe Edit.zip

Hope this works

Tech Wizard

Ok - I downloaded your mapping, deleted all FX Unit #3 entries and copied down the new commands from my mapping. Ramp Delay buttons are based on two-modifier setup M3 and M5.

Hope this works
    Thanks Stewe, Works perfectly, Will just go through the commands to understand where I went wrong.

Tech Wizard

Hope this works
    Just went through the mapping, It looks quite different than the commands you had suggested earlier. Is it ? I'm asking this cos i'm trying to understand what you did, I'll have to apply the same formula to the other pads when I map them.

If yes then I'd like to stick to the earlier commands you had suggested, Looked simpler & smaller.
    Last edited by lothar; 05-04-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast