First DJ controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A mate of mine just got himself a Pioneer SB2 with SDJ and given that I dislike Pioneer on a cellular level I have to say it's a pretty damn fine controller. The filter on the crossfader is a lot of fun.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Tech Mentor

Hi , yes it is ,like hercule mp3 dj console
    89a555a2c266674fefe06d3af1a81dd376761944.jpg
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

I'd consider second hand.. you may find that someone looking to upgrade may have something going for a pretty good price. The hercules stuff is real bargain bin stuff, designed for people who don't want to buy pro-spec gear for home use, it won't be as rugged as on-the-road gear and definitely won't take the abuse that on the road gear gets.
    If you are on a tight budget, where the Denon or Pioneer gear is too expensive, the Numark gear is ok. Lower end numark won't take much abuse. Look after it, and it should do your job fine.

Another problem being that 'intro' software isn't fully featured, so that may be another expense if you got no software.

PCDJ used to be the business when it comes to digital DJ'ing, back like 10 years ago, it's since been Surpassed by the 'big 3'

Alternative is to go modular if you fancy a customisable setup, but then you'll need to have an idea or be willing to learn about MIDI mapping (a lot of fun at the beginning) to have these controllers doing what you need.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 05-08-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Systematik View Post
    you'll regret your purchase.
    10€ for a refurbished don't think someone can regret ,(i ve playing 3 years with 10€) ^^
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Quote Originally Posted by dj wo k View Post
    Hi , yes it is ,like hercule mp3 dj console
    89a555a2c266674fefe06d3af1a81dd376761944.jpg
    I still have mine somewhere...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

If you have the cash to spare, second hand S4 MK1, beast of a controller, high quality sound card, premium components, full software licence and can be found for 250 euro's if you search hard.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I recommend the Behringer CMD Studio 4a, it looks pro but very easy to use and configure!

Tech Wizard

start on something you can grow into, not out grow.

I would recommend the Pioneer SB2 controller, it's what I'm rocking right now! It's fully midi mappable, the controls are tactile and spacious enough, and it's got a built in sound card.
    It's natively supported on Serato, for $250 it's a good option.

I DJ'd with PCDJ Red for about ten years with mouse, keyboard and external mixer as it was always safe and never gave me any issues. Anyway, I eventually wanted to upgrade my laptop and PCDJ Red didn't work with my newer version of Windows.

So I ended up, after much deliberation, and many people telling me different things to going with Traktor and an entry level controller. I got the Reloop Mixage IE. It lasted me a long time and I loved it. It helped me progress and I am better for finally making the jump. The jog wheels were great. Sound quality is good. The only downside was having to replace all the buttons inside after a while as they died one by one. A known Reloop issue.

So, it was time to upgrade again. I wanted four decks, more controls without having to press a shift button etc. I picked the S4 Mk2 which is also great. Does everything I need it for. The downside being that it is huge(It just fits in the DJTT Controller II bag ) but it may be slightly overwhelming when you first get it in front of you. You are also then pretty much tied to using Traktor. A frustration I have now realized since Rekordbox arrived. Not the end of the world though. I have usb sticks for Pioneer.

I hear very good things about the Pioneer mixers working great with any software, so that's something to think about.

Then, once you've decided on all of that and you set it all up, you'' realize you need a new laptop!
    I just want to play music and entertain people. The hardest part is getting people to listen.
    Got any Rihanna?

Mixcloud: House-Techno-Tech House-Rocktronica-Tropical-Pop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast