Sync track importdate from iTunes to traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Sync track importdate from iTunes to traktor

Hi.
    I`m currently running on Traktor 2.6.1 since this is the last version where traktor allowed to read the importdate from iTunes, in the later versions Traktor overrides this with the date when you load a track..

As I sort my tracks from last imported that in iTunes that dosent work to good for me.. Is there a way to solve this with a script or anything? I`m willing to pay for a solution as I have been bugging Native with this for 6 months now without getting anywhere..

I want to buy new gear and upgrade the software, but cant do that before I find a solution to this.

Btw. sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Le Mar View Post
    Hi.
    I`m currently running on Traktor 2.6.1 since this is the last version where traktor allowed to read the importdate from iTunes, in the later versions Traktor overrides this with the date when you load a track..

As I sort my tracks from last imported that in iTunes that dosent work to good for me.. Is there a way to solve this with a script or anything? I`m willing to pay for a solution as I have been bugging Native with this for 6 months now without getting anywhere..

I want to buy new gear and upgrade the software, but cant do that before I find a solution to this.

Btw. sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum
    Why not just sort your Traktor tracks by date imported into the library?

It should be exactly the same as the date added in Itunes if you dont add music from other sources.

Tech Wizard

you mean that I should import the tracks into traktor and not itunes? and then select the date when it was added on the computer? if so, how do I get them into my playlists that I have arranged in itunes?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Le Mar View Post
    you mean that I should import the tracks into traktor and not itunes? and then select the date when it was added on the computer? if so, how do I get them into my playlists that I have arranged in itunes?
    You have to add the tracks to your library regardless of if you use Itunes or not. The Traktor import date tag tells you the date that you actually added those tracks to your Traktor collection, not the date you added to itunes.

Tech Wizard

well that`s the ting, I need the itunes import date, not the traktor one..

Tech Guru

Youve lost me with what you are trying to actually accomplish here.

Tech Wizard

I manage all my music in iTunes, put them in playlist`s there so I have controll, but I also sort my music after the date I imported it into itunes so I allways have the latest tracks first.. With traktor 2.6.1 and previos versions I was able to read and sort after the iTunes import date, but that`s not possible anymore.

So I need to find a new solution to get this working, so that I can sort after that date..

Tech Wizard

anyone?