Headphone Cue Issues! Ableton live 9
    Tech Student

Default Headphone Cue Issues! Ableton live 9

Hello

So I am learning how to operate and develop my own set and techniques with ableton live 9.My set is a macbook pro, apogee duet and APC 40 MKII. I having issues with setting up the headphone que correctly in ableton. I have set the cues to 3/4 and master out to 1/2 and activated the cue. The headphones replace the solo button. The track turns blue, and levels display, but it does not playback audio from the track. I would like to use this feature so i can reference what I will be playing out to the audience. Thanks.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by kwauofmascon View Post
    Hello

So I am learning how to operate and develop my own set and techniques with ableton live 9.My set is a macbook pro, apogee duet and APC 40 MKII. I having issues with setting up the headphone que correctly in ableton. I have set the cues to 3/4 and master out to 1/2 and activated the cue. The headphones replace the solo button. The track turns blue, and levels display, but it does not playback audio from the track. I would like to use this feature so i can reference what I will be playing out to the audience. Thanks.

The question got me interested ... 2 minutes later with google I found this.

Q: Why can't the headphone output be a different software output than the main output? I would love to use this in a live situation using Ableton Live or Native Instruments' Traktor. Even if I'm recording I need an output for the cue mix and one for the main out.

A: Never before has Apogee quality been delivered at such a low price point. It's important to understand that there is no product out there that will compare sonically to Duet, short of spending thousands more (i.e. Ensemble). To ensure the headphone output achieved the quality we sought, we had to have the same signal path to both the headphone output and main output. To include a separate D/A for the headphone out would have increased the cost significantly. That being said, one of the coolest features of Core Audio is the ability to aggregate multiple devices into a single device. This is possible with the built-in audio I/O of the Mac. So for cue mixes, aggregate Duet and the built-in output and you're good to go.
    So basically, its not designed for PFL, you'll need to use the built in headphone port on your Mac along with the Duet as an Aggregate Soundcard for headphone monitoring within Ableton (or any other DJ software)