Cdj-900 + djm700 or ddj-sz

Default Cdj-900 + djm700 or ddj-sz

Dear DJ's and readers,

I had the pleasure to play with a DDJ-SB2 for a while now, and have gotten some DJ lesson's at a DJ school in my area. I reckon that it is now a good time to upgrade and take my hobby to the next level. I am able to purchase an used DDJ-SZ OR 2 CDJ-900's + DJM 700. The purchase price differce with a solid 800euro.

Now the problem i am having is as follows:
    I want to get used to the proffesional DJ gear, and reckon that practising this home on the CDJ/DJM will give me more expertise. However, the DDJ-SZ has more options to play with and is obv. the cheaper one.

What would you prefer? 2 CDJ-900's with DJM-700 or an DDJ-SZ controller?

Have a great day!

I feel CDJs and a mixer will allow you more modular setups in the future but also, at this point 900s and 700 are rather out of date, but the SZ is only two years old, so take yer pick on what's more important to you.

Personally I'd go with the CDJs because it'll start you with the fundamentals, and then you can move onto a controller where you can do fancy effects and backflips and whats-its then, but that's just me.

Ty for your reply Overcast,

The more research i do, the more i want to take the CDJ Route. I am at this moment also looking for some XDJ-1000's these are again a bit more pricey then my original CDJ-900 pick, both used. I feel that the XDJ range is a combination of both worlds. The DJM-700 is always upgradable in the future.

Only downside is, for the XDJ i'll need to save up oneother month. Plenty of more time to choose the right device i guess. Would hate to choose the wrong one and try to swap in within a few weeks..

As for now, the XDJ-1000 would be my top-pick