NS6 Platter HID??? HOW!?? Please..
    Tech Wizard

Default NS6 Platter HID??? HOW!?? Please..

Hey,
    Since the NI forum is typically a ghost town on stuff like this, I'm trying here. After reading this;

https://www.native-instruments.com/f...sponse.175203/

on the NI forum, I can't seem to figure out how to get Traktor to pick up my platters in HID? Or am I crazy.. Can anyone help me with this? I'm remapping my NS6 and platter sensitivity is something I have always struggled with.
    THANKS!

I'm using Traktor 2.9 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-oui View Post
    Hey,
    Since the NI forum is typically a ghost town on stuff like this, I'm trying here. After reading this;

https://www.native-instruments.com/f...sponse.175203/

on the NI forum, I can't seem to figure out how to get Traktor to pick up my platters in HID? Or am I crazy.. Can anyone help me with this? I'm remapping my NS6 and platter sensitivity is something I have always struggled with.
    THANKS!

I'm using Traktor 2.9 btw.
    Well, it seems the trick is not mapping the jogs but using the 4Trak tsi file, modifying it a little to respond well with NS6 jogwheels and manually mapping the rest of the controls.

I always assumed 4Trak doesn't use HID - instead somebody at Numark did a very good job at midi mapping and they probably did something hardware-wise
    That's why there is a 4Trak tsi file because if it were a HID device it would have commands programmed into Traktor (plug'n'play, Traktor auto recognizes hardware). When controllers come with LE versions of Traktor they (manufacturer and NI struck a deal) include mappings in the Traktor but you must manually select the device. If I remember correctly, you can find those tsi files in some Traktor folder on your HDD (while for HID devices such commands are hard-coded into Traktor).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Thanks so much for the clarification. I didn't think HID was an option on this controller. If I can change the focus of this question; which midi input command should I be adjusting to tighten things up (ie. Scratch-rotary sensitivity or rotary acceleration/ combo of both).
    I have spent a lot of time working with this, and it's just not that tight. Considering the NS6 platters are designed so well and perform so well in itch...

I've just looked at the 4trak mapping & there are no controls for the jogs at all, so I'm guessing they must be HID.
    Mike, your best bet is to use the 4trak mapping then re-map all the other controls if they don't work.

You won't get good performance using midi in Traktor, regardless of the settings.
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

There are no platter commands, which is why I thought HID. That's where I got real frustrated yesterday when I tried loading just the 4trak map with the NS6. No platter control when loading this .tsi. I selected Numark USB for my in and out ports in the controller manager and still no success. I did some digging and I think there's more to it. After reading this;
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=43867
    I'm guessing Traktor still knows it's an NS6 and not a 4trak because of the firmare. My plan is to try installing the 4trak driver in place of my NS6 driver and see what happens. It's the same hardware, that's why it's so frustrating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I've just looked at the 4trak mapping & there are no controls for the jogs at all, so I'm guessing they must be HID.
    Then I stand corrected

Mike, have you tried selecting the 4Trak in the setup wizard?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

I'll have to try again. I have been trying so many different combinations, I loose track. I vaguely remember it didn't work though. The worst part is the guy on the NI forum has it working (or so it would seem), but the thread is dead.

Hmm it's strange because he talks about the acceleration / sensitivity settings but there are no jog turn commands in the 4trak map.
    I think he just midi-mapped the wheels but can't say for sure.

Have you tried sending him a pm through the NI forum?
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

That's what I thought. He's the only person in my searching who has managed this.. I mean, he clearly knows the difference between HID and midi. I asked him and the guy who asked for it. If I figure this out I'm posting it for sure.. Does anyone know Ean's handle on here?.. I bet he can get to the bottom of this😄