Yesterday......

Thread: Yesterday......

Default Yesterday......

…..I took a big bag of vinyl round to a mates house for a mix. I didn’t have a clue what was in it because I was in a rush. Turns out I’m actually still pretty damn good at mixing wax, even when it’s more or less random and cobbled together rather than crafted. This is a boost for me because since going digital in 2009 I thought I’d gone off the boil. It was also a hell of a lot of fun.
    If I’m honest, when I play digital I have to remind myself to *not* stare at the numbers and waveforms, and I think I feel a certain disconnection front what’s going on. That’s not true all the time, because I’ve some utterly amazing times playing digital, but it’s still a thing to a certain extent.
    But mixing with vinyl felt, well, different. More natural I think, I felt more in tune with what was going on, I was able to read the vinyl to gauge when breaks started and beats dropped. I wasn’t hot cue jumping, or looping or any of that other stuff. It was just me and the music. I think what I’m trying to say is that I found myself paying more attention to the music, I was actually listening to it for a change. I now feel like I haven’t done that for a while. Maybe I’m old, but yesterday felt like it used to feel. It also made me glad my Denons’ rotate
    What’s the point of this ramble? None really, it’s not a “vinyl is best” thing because vinyl isn’t best. I just had a great time mixing music the old way and I wanted to share. Hope you’ve all had a fab day.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

I think enjoying yourself is the most important part
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal