Re-ordering Traktor collection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Re-ordering Traktor collection

I recently rebuilt my laptop as I installed a SSD into it.

I then copied my music collection from my old HDD to my new SSD.

Within Traktor I then had to set this up from scratch and import the collection again.

I use the Imported date to distinguish how new some tracks are for genres that I am not that familiar with and also helps when you know youve just added something new to a collection and where to find it.

However now the majority of songs included old songs have the imported date of when i rebuilt the laptop meaning my order is all over the place.

I couldnt see another field that I could use to distinguish how new a song is or was released

Any ideas?

Tech Guru

You needed to import your old collection file if you wanted to keep the original import date. Unless you have a backup of the Traktor root folder, then its gone for ever.

The "Year" tag in Traktor is used for release date.

Copy the entire native instruments folder from your old drive to the new one, all you have to do is change the drive letter and root folder in the preferences and then you are set.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    You needed to import your old collection file if you wanted to keep the original import date. Unless you have a backup of the Traktor root folder, then its gone for ever.

where is the collection file?
    i still have my old HDD and have a caddy that I can use it in as an external drive.

the root folder is that crogram files etc.......

I also have a 2nd laptop that I use as back up, could i import the collection file to this as well to have the 2 set ups the same?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Copy the entire native instruments folder from your old drive to the new one, all you have to do is change the drive letter and root folder in the preferences and then you are set.

which native instruments folder are you referring to?
    is it the root folder? which is at crogram files etc.......

I also have a 2nd laptop that I use as back up, could i import the collection file to this as well to have the 2 set ups the same?

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    As long as the directory trees are identical, yes. (same folders in same directory locations)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post

Bump - where is the collection file please?

Tech Mentor

bump - jester please confirm which folders you are referring to

in windows its under documents>native instruments ... copy the entire folder over
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

in windows its under documents>native instruments ... copy the entire folder over
    Thanks
    then within Traktor / File Management / Directories/ Root Directory - do i point to this folder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast