VTT 101 map / tsi for Traktor?

Question VTT 101 map / tsi for Traktor?

Hello again... I used to go by the screen name UoPoko on here, but I forgot the password to that.

You may remember I used to post a lot of "wish" threads like this one.
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=80705

Well, I have since given up on the hope that anyone will ever produce a standalone, single deck, motorized USB DJ controller for scratching, and also given up on the hope that anyone will ever make a functioning workaround for using the Numark NS7 II in Traktor.

Anyway, I can't post in the old Native Instruments forums (and they wiped a lot of the old threads about the NS7 stuff that DJ Quartz and Hedgehog were working on) so I came here to ask a question...

Does anyone have a working Traktor map / tsi for the DJ Tech VTT 101?
    https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/0...ch-controller/

I've seen these floating around Ebay for around 80 bucks, seen a few videos of people using them.

From what I've read, it is a simple two button, one crossfader USB controller with a touch sensitive platter.

I have totally given up on the idea of having a motorized full momentum jog wheel, no one is ever going to make that, cuz like y'all said, motors are too expensive and take up too much space inside the device, and the Numark NS7 single deck motorized controller is totally discontinued, and even the ones on Ebay are way out of my price range, and there's no Traktor support for it anyway.

So yeah.... I was thinking, if I could get this VTT 101 set up to work with Traktor, and also have the touch sensitive top of the platter set to the "engage scratch" button - aka "grab platter" button, then I could actually use this controller to make accurate scratches.

I would record these scratches from the soundcard's stereo mix using Adobe Audition / Cool Edit Pro, cut up the individual pieces of scratch sounds that I specifically want to keep (the scratch itself, the spin-up / recovery sound, the spin down sound) then load my .wav in Recycle to add slice points on that set of scratches and turn it into a Dr. Rex file to load up in Reason - within Reason, I could load one of my pre-made RX2 files with scratches in it, and trigger those pre-made scratches with my Midi Fighter Spectra or my Axiom 49 keyboard. Essentially, using the Dr. Rex player in Reason to trigger different pre-made scratch samples the same way you would arrange a series of slices to create a "chop" pattern in a "Boom Bap" style hip hop beat.

https://soundcloud.com/kwizstrumental/greyskull

I know that if I select the individual pieces correctly when making a .wav to turn into a Dr. Rex file, I can "sort of" recreate the sound of a platter that actually has momentum, by playing a "spin up" after or before the scratch. I could arrange my slice points / samples so that it would be really simple to trigger what I want from the Midi Fighter or the Axiom in the order I would need it to make it sound ~some~ degree of authentic, as if it actually was done by a legit turntable with real momentum.

A beat maker by the name of Dubs Banger does something similar to this, though he actually records his scratches into his MPC 2000, through actual vinyl - and then triggers the scratches he wants from his MPC's pads. ~ https://soundcloud.com/dubsbanger/i-...alls-scratches

Looking at the DJ Tech VTT 101, the size would be perfect for what remaining space there is on my desk, and with good implementation of the Dr. Rex sample player, I can probably get by the fact that it is just a static platter with no momentum of its own.

But before I drop 80 dollars on a piece of kit, I want to know there ~IS~ in fact, a way to map it to Traktor Scratch Pro, and have the "touch sensor" part of the platter actually work so that I don't have to re-map the "grab" function to another button.

I have pretty much given up on the idea of "mix" deejaying, now I just want to make beats... but I want to be able to incorporate scratches into those beats, using the method I previously described.
    Last edited by Kwizstrumental; 05-14-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Drimachus: I TRY EVERYTHING! and decide what works and what I like based on the merit of the equipment, giving extra weight to affordability and portability. Having said that, I'll do the unthinkable and suggest that you get yourself a DJ Tech VTT 101. It takes 2 seconds to mapp it in Traktor, the deck works very well, and the CF is actually GOOD. It has some curve settings and everything. I have one. I connect a 16 foot usb cable and works just fine. The scratch /deck/control on both of these is similar. The SCS3D is better, but with the VTT you get a reall life midi CF that will crab OK.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=14877&page=2

There... all the confirmation I needed that the VTT-101 ~will~ work with Traktor.