Pioneer DDJ-T1 considering
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer DDJ-T1 considering

I'm considering buying a Pioneer DDJ T1. Anyone have experience with this?

Can I use it with Traktor Pro 2 and Windows 10?

I don't use sample decks or remix decks or stems. Mostly 2 decks and a 3rd deck sometimes.

I like the layout and it seems to have everything I need. But I'm wondering about driver compatibility issues etc.

THANKS.

I can't answer on driver or compatibility issues I'm afraid, I have used a T1 a fair bit a few years ago and it was a very good rock solid bit of kit. The biggest downside to me was the lack of VU meters.

What are your reasons for wanting the T1 over something like an S4?
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Jog wheels. Pitch faders. Spacing layout.

I can get a good deal. Excellent condition for $300.

I like the pitch faders to the right of the jogs. I learned on 1200s

I like the s4 but I don't need all the extra little gimmicks.

And I heard the old s4 has a weak headphone output. Which is a deal breaker for me.

I actually really like the DDJ-T1. One of our local Deejays here on Jelly Radio (BombShell Bailey) uses one. The few times I played around with it, it was spot on.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Fair point, to be honest it has always bugged me that manufacturers put such short length pitch controls on their controllers. The first controllers I bought were the Denon SC2000s for exactly that reason.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

I have seen on the Pioneer product page a while ago that there's a guide on how to update Traktor Pro to 2.6.* version so my guess would be that it can work on any version. It's one of the few non-NI controllers that works in HID mode (jogwheels atleast) and has a working jogwheel tracking light, probably because they released it while there still wasn't Traktor Pro 2 (read: NI decided to lock out other controllers from fully using Traktor). If I recall correctly, they even released a "special" Traktor Pro 1.2.8 DDJ-T1 version for it (regular version was until 1.2.7).

My opinion is: it's basic but well spaced out. That's also one of it's flaws if you bring it to gigs: requires plenty of booth real estate but offers no advanced function (but, as you said, you don't need them anyway). Oh, and AUX in doesn't work if laptop is not connected. And no VU meters
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Yeah. Seems like the only cons I keep hearing are no vu meters, aux input goes down when usb unplugged (I wonder if a powered usb hub would fix this) and large footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    Fair point, to be honest it has always bugged me that manufacturers put such short length pitch controls on their controllers. The first controllers I bought were the Denon SC2000s for exactly that reason.
    A short pitch fader is one of the worst design compromises on controllers. Full throw pitch sliders should be a non-negotiable part of the design if you want a deck controller that is enjoyable to to beatmatch.

I feel like if you're shortening the slider it may as well be left out of the workflow (in favor of sync) to free space up for more useful controls.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    A short pitch fader is one of the worst design compromises on controllers. Full throw pitch sliders should be a non-negotiable part of the design if you want a deck controller that is enjoyable to to beatmatch.

I feel like if you're shortening the slider it may as well be left out of the workflow (in favor of sync) to free space up for more useful controls.
    Could not agree more with this^

So. Do I get it???

Can't pull the trigger ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast